Product Type: Ikea Kitchenware
Newest Review: ... was this egg slicer as it is a very used item. I bought it way back for 70p in Ikea however they are now still only 80p. My egg slicer i... more
Slice em up with Ikea!
Ikea Slat Egg Slicer
Member Name: xxfoxyredxx
Ikea Slat Egg Slicer
Date: 26/09/12, updated on 26/09/12 (48 review reads)
Disadvantages: None for me!
When I moved into my first flat like a lot of people that do the same I bought loads and loads of gadgets and appliances and got a wee bit carried away! Since then though living amongst all of it became a nightmare and I found that I didn't need or use half of what I bought and I had a kick out.
One of the items I didn't throw out was this egg slicer as it is a very used item. I bought it way back for 70p in Ikea however they are now still only 80p.
My egg slicer is the colour you can see on the photograph on this review page a bright yellow. Its made of mainly shiny plastic and you pop your boiled egg on the base where there are slots. Over that you get the silver handle you pull down with like cheese wires on it which simply slice through your egg with ease, giving nice thin slices of the said egg.
This is a brilliant little gadget and it saves trying to fight with a slippery egg trying to cut it up! The wires are sharp, so be careful there and even though I have used this very often as I love egg and mayo sandwiches and the likes it has never gone blunted or gone rusty looking and to wash this up is ever so simple too!
All in all this is a really useful egg slicer...its that simple. It does its job with ease and I think its worth the 80p it costs just to make the slicing of eggs easier and its fuss free plus it looks nice!
Only available from Ikea.
This review is also posted on Ciao under this same username.
Summary: A great little handy product!
More reviews in the field of Kitchenware
- Spoons for accurate measuring
- A case of looking cute but struggling to be functional!
- Kitchen Craft Colourworks Measuring Spoon Set
- Watch the spoons
- My Pyrex plates!
- Time To Cook
- Stay Sharp
- Is It A Spoon, Is It A Fork, Is It A Knife? No It's All Three.
- This tool from down under produces precision cut beans.
- Storage for my cooking oil
- Colourworks Salt and Pepper Mill
- Prestige Main Ingredients Gravy and Fat Separator
- Tesco Unbleached Non-Stick Baking Paper
- Disney Tinkerbell Flowers Paper Plates
- Amscan Tinkerbell Table Cover Plastic
- Amscan Tinkerbell Plastic Party Cups
- Colourworks Measuring Jugs
- Faringdon Lever Arch Corkscrew
- ASDA Top Tier Whisk
- Salter 7502 Salt or Pepper Mill