Product Type: Ikea Kitchenware
Newest Review: ... what I would use them for. In the end I used 2 of them to store dry food in, pasta in one and rice in the other, the others were filled wi... more
range of sizes, good price
Ikea Slom Jar With Lid
Member Name: europe-chick
Ikea Slom Jar With Lid
Advantages: cheap, brilliant quality
Disadvantages: slightly on the heavy side
I own several of the Ikea Slom jars in various different sizes.
The Slom range consists of a 0.5 litre jar at 90 pence, a 1 litre jar at 99 pence, a 1.8 litre jar at £1.89, a 2 litre jar at £2.69 and a 1 litre bottle at £1.99.
All of the jars and the bottle are dishwasher safe.
The jars and the bottle are transparent glass so that you can see the contents. The glass is really quite thick and substantial and so feels quite sturdy and decent quality. The slight downside to this, is that this then makes the jars quite heavy, especially depending on what you then choose to store in them. The jars have a hinged stainless steel opening and closing clasp mechanism, and a silicone rubber seal inside the lid to keep the jar airtight when closed. I do remove the silicone seal when I put my jars in the dishwasher.
I use my Slom jars all of the time, I store dried goods, flour, sugar, rice, pasta etc in them, I keep biscuits and sweets in them, I make my own jams and curds and store these in them, I make flavoured vodka in them and then transfer the finished flavoured vodka into the Slom bottle, I give them away as gifts at Christmas time with homemade goodies inside them. They have absolutely loads of uses.
The Slom range seems to be a staple product in Ikea, I've had some of my jars for years and years now. I've added to them over the years and the design has never changed so all of my jars match.
I think that for the price they are brilliant, the quality is excellant, much better than you would expect for such a low price. I will definately continue to buy these.
Summary: range of sizes, good price
More reviews in the field of Kitchenware
- bought on a whim, works like a charm
- Ikea Koncis Masher - a brilliant, sturdy potato masher for a very reasonable pri ...
- A very Stylish Utensil Jar
- Put The Boot In
- An elegant table-top thermos: what's not to love!
- Fantastic Flask!
- Stylish and sturdy!
- The best peeler
- A decent peeler.
- Comedy fruit towels
- Imperia SP150 Pasta Machine
- World's Sharpest Knife
- Robert Welch Comet Bright
- Bambou Diffusion Slate Tray
- Bambou Diffusion 4 Square Coaster Slate Plates
- Bambou Diffusion 2 Slate Square Plates
- Bambou Diffusion 2 Rectangular Slate Plates
- 100 % Chef The Package Of 5 Burning Grids For Aladin Smoker Small Box
- Ciroa Miniamo Pastels Silicone Cupcake Cases
- Let's Make Little Cooks Gingerbread Man Timer