Product Type: Kenwood Kitchenware
Newest Review: ... like Kenwood. This spatula is white with a plastic handle, and then off of the handle is the spatula blades - which are a kind of two-in-... more
Kenwood Flexible Spatula
Author Name: superness11
Kenwood Flexible Spatula
Advantages: easy to use and clean
Disadvantages: does not last
This is my second Kenwood spatula as unfortunately the last one melted. I left it by the gas burner and it just caught the end of it. It ruined the shape of the spatula so I had to buy another one. The first Kenwood spatula came with a Kenwood food processor I bought. I replaced it with exactly the same one as I managed to pick one up for £1.00 in a supermarket.
There is nothing fancy about the spatula; in fact it is rather cheap in design. It is made from white plastic. The handle is long enough for you to reach comfortably into a mixing bowl and scoop out the mixture without getting your hands all sticky.
At the head of the handle is the spatula, this is very flat and very thin. If you touch it with your fingers you can pull it around. It is this flexibility that makes the product so useful. You can scoop up mixture easily with it because it moulds to the shape of the bowl, nothing can escape underneath it.
At the head of the spatula this also a further piece of plastic that runs about two inches up the handle, it is a sort of flap that assists you in scooping up even more of the concoction. If you run this side around the bowl, you can remove much more of the ingredients, much quicker. It acts as a sort of mud guard! When I was transferring a cake mix from a mixing bowl to a tin, I used the spatula to make sure I got every last morsel of ingredients! It is even useful for smoothing down the top of the cake and then applying icing as it is smooth and had quite a decent sized surface area.
I use my spatula for a variety of tasks around the kitchen. I use it the most for scooping ingredients out of the bread maker and mixing bowl. You should always use plastic utensils for scooping ingredients in or out of your bread maker. Meta utensils can damage the non-stick surface of the bread pan. They can also scratch the mixing bowl and cause it to look scuffed and be harder to clean.
The spatula is cheap and can be bought on the internet or in stores for around £1.00. I think it is really good value, the product looks like it is made from cheap plastic, but that is exactly what I want from my utensil!
I would recommend this product.
Summary: a useful utensil
More reviews in the field of Kitchenware
- Shred your paperwork and your nerves!
- Essential wrapping
- Weigh it up!
- Rounding Off An Excellent Collection
- Its not wizardry just technology that works
- Recycling doesn't mean riding a bike twice... this helps though
- Brill plates from Ikea!
- At around 17p per clip - a truly remarkably low price for a virtually indestruct ...
- Ikea Children's Plastic Plates
- Handsome Kitchen scales stand alone on the shelf
- Colour Coded Chopping Boards
- TU 5 Piece Utensil Set
- Solus Adorn Bamboo Chopping Board
- Scrapcooking Hello Kitty Chocolate Moulds
- Scrapcooking Hello Kitty Cake Stencil
- Scrapcooking Hello Kitty Cake Mould
- Scrapcooking Heart Chocolate Moulds
- Scrapcooking Heart Canapé Mould
- I Can Cook Classic Colours Whisk
- Premier Revolving Spice Rack