Product Type: Lakeland Kitchenware
Newest Review: ... up becoming firm favourites used time and time again. The dino cutter is one of those products that I use all the time. I originally bou... more
Can you eat a dinosaur?
Lakeland Dino Cutter
Member Name: cloud99
Lakeland Dino Cutter
Advantages: makesfood more attractive
Disadvantages: turned food into a toy for my son
I went on a shopping trip to Lakeland on Saturday after I had read a few reviews of items that I thought would be useful. I had read a couple of positive reviews on the dino cutter and thought it would be ideal for my son who loves dinosaurs. He isn't particularly interested in food at the moment although will eat absent minded so I thought this may create a little enthusiasm for his toast and sandwiches.
The dino cutter is a 12 cm square cutter which cuts out two dinosaurs out of a single piece of bread, it is transparent green colour and priced at £1.95.
When I got the item home my son went rummaging through my bags and found it attached to the card and ran round the lounge roaring. I found it stuffed under the sofa and on Sunday made him some toast. They cut the toast cleanly. I buttered the toast after I cut the toast as I thought it would be less wasteful but there was so little waste and it when so fiddly it would have been better to butter the toast in the first place. I added cream cheese and arranged them on the plate. My son was initially impressed but and roared at his plate however he ate less than usual.
The following day I made him a sandwich and got a similar response he played with his food and was definitely more interested but more for playing with it than eating with it.
The cutter is easily washable and I am actually pleased with how the product cuts it just hasn't worked for my son but then it may be different for other boys.
I would definitely say that it may be worth a shot for other little boys who aren't particularly eating well as it may work for your child and if it doesn't it has only cost £1.95
Summary: Great concept but not for my son
More reviews in the field of Kitchenware
- I have never seen sandwiches go so fast .
- Oeuf! These were eggsactly what I was looking for!
- Bye Bye Bad Bananas
- People of the world, spice up your life!!
- Makes children eat more fruit!
- Cheap but very bright and cheerful indeed!
- Wilkinsons dustpan and brush - don't sweep this under the carpet
- Pyrex Classic Non Stick Oven Tray
- Super storage (if you don't mind a tussle for your breakfast)
- Cream cake tin
- Chef'n Palm Zester, Lemon
- TU Non-stick 38cm Oven Tray
- TU Spring Form Carry Cake Tin
- WMF Potato Ricer
- Wilton 11-inch Straight Spatula
- Oxo Good Grips Good Grips Salt Grinder
- Thermos Rome Carafe Chrome
- Innovation Home Products AP02 Apple Peeler Corer and Slicer
- TU Small Clear Canister
- TU Tray Bake Carry Tin