Product Type: Lakeland Kitchenware
Newest Review: ... can eat these but it isn't my poached egg of choice. I spotted these poachets in Lakeland and decided to give them a try. They do work out... more
perfect poached eggs every single time
Member Name: europe-chick
Advantages: perfect poached eggs every single time
Disadvantages: expensive to use regularly
I absolutely love poached eggs on toast for breakfast, however cooking the poached eggs is always a hit or miss experience for me. More often than not a miss I have to admit. I can never get them exactly right - cooked enough, but with a runny yolk, and definately not a solid yolk. I usually end up with them either undercooked - bits of uncooked white, bleugh! or cooked too much and a solid yolk, ok at least we can eat these but it isn't my poached egg of choice.
I spotted these poachets in Lakeland and decided to give them a try. They do work out quite expensive if you eat poached eggs quite often, they are £2.99 for 20, so that is 15 pence each. They are not reusable, they are a single time only use so that is something to bear in mind - the cost.
These are so easy to use. You just place the tea bag like paper pouch open over a small cup or a small glass and then crack in an egg, they hold all sizes of eggs even extra large. You then lift out the pouch pulling the top together, you hold the pouch for a second in a pan of water that is at a rolling boil, and then place it in, the pouch will then magically close. After 6 minutes, your poached egg is cooked to perfection, a perfectly cooked white and a soft runny yolk, you could leave the egg in the pan for longer if you wanted a solid yolk. You will then need to use a pair of tongs to remove the pouch from the pan. The poached egg will then simply just slide out of the pouch on to your toast.
No fuss, no mess, just perfectly poached eggs every single time. I've bought these a couple of times now, and I will continue to do so. I think that the fact that they create perfect poached eggs every single time is actually worth the 15 pence per pouch. It's certainly cheaper than throwing undercooked poached eggs away anyway, which I have done many times in the past.
Summary: perfect poached eggs every single time
More reviews in the field of Kitchenware
- perfect mashed potato every single time
- Nigella Mezzaluna
- Scrape your bits in here!
- No more damaged cupcakes when transporting them
- hubble, bubble, toil and trouble
- Ideal for sealing all sizes of open packets
- Lakeland Klippits - a brilliant way of sealing food
- Peppa Pig Placemat Perfect? Not quite
- ~ * My lovely daughter's lovely lunch bag * ~
- Conversation Starter...
- Alessi Ship Shape Butter Dish
- Alessi Lily Bird Soy Sauce Container
- Scrapcooking Silicone Mould Christmas Village
- Scrapcooking Silicone Muffins Mold
- Scrapcooking Silicone Madeleine Mold
- Scrapcooking Round Mousse Ring Stainless Steel
- Scrapcooking Rectangle Canapé Mould
- Alessi Mister Meumeu Cheese Cellar
- Alessi Blue Colander
- Alessi Lily Pond Sushi Set