Product Type: Other Brands Kitchenware
Newest Review: ... more economical for me to use. I can now say that it did live up to it - a value pack of kitchen roll has never ended up in my trolley agai... more
Plenty of Bounty on offer with this kitchen roll.
Plenty Kitchen Paper
Member Name: danny691
Plenty Kitchen Paper
Advantages: Cheap, absorbant, strong.
Disadvantages: The 'women' can be off putting!
Im sure a lot of you are familiar with Plenty by now. If not, I would be quite confident you have heard of Bounty kitchen roll and those wierd (and wonderful!) adverts on tv! A rebranding was undertaken of Bounty and we are left with Plenty now, it would be interesting to know why they changed the name. Perhaps it was to do with a particular cocnut based chocolate bar? Answers on a postcard please.
Plenty kitchen roll comes in various sized packs and the most common is the 2 pack which has 2 generously sized rolls of kitchen paper. The 2-ply sheets are adequate to deal with spillages and there are approximately 60 sheets per roll. The kitchen roll is very soft to the touch and feels strong and I find it holds up well when wet which is a major positive with this kind of product. The sheets are very absorbant also, and they feel quite thick and good quality.
Obviously when it comes to something you are going to throw away, you dont want to spend a fortune on them. The 2 packs can be picked up very cheaply - usually £1 per pack when on offer in supermarkets.
The pack itself speaks a lot of truth. The brand aims to get across in their advert that the sheets are very absorbant and stand up well to spillages, and their packaging contains the words 'So durable 1 sheet does the whole job'. Often, with the cheaper brands, i find that I am having to use a couple or even three sheets of kitchen roll to soak up a spillage but the Plenty sheets are thick and absorbant and do the job efficiently.
Overall, I am impressed with Plenty kitchen roll and their adverts are not a gimmick, they can back up the claims aswell. At the cost they can be favourably selected over home brand products because they do a better job and are very cheap. Plenty also have decorated kitchen roll and 'fat' rolls along with a number of other pack sizes. I would recommend Plenty and suggest next time you see them on offer in your local supermarket that you think about buying some and giving them a try.
Summary: Good value, worth consideration over home brand.
More reviews in the field of Kitchenware
- The best way to roast?
- Bring a bit of fun to your sandwiches
- Slow cooking
- Anyone fancy a dinosaur sandwich?
- Soak it up
- Providing Perfectly Proportioned Pastry Preparation
- Don't ruin your chefs knife... steel it instead
- I should have brought a bigger sink.
- My oven stays crumb and bit free thanks to Pyrex!
- Designed for Finger Grating?
- Kitchen Craft One Piece Ultra Flexible Spatula
- Wmf Profi Plus Angled Fish Slice
- Chef'n Potato Ricer Black
- WMF Profi Plus Sauce Ladle
- WMF Salt and Pepper Mill Metal
- Bambou Diffusion 2 Rectangular Slate Plates
- 100 % Chef The Package Of 5 Burning Grids For Aladin Smoker Small Box
- 100 % Chef Super Aladin Smoke Aromatiser One
- 100 % Chef Special Smoking Chips
- 100 % Chef Pliers For Tubes