Product Type: Plasplugs Kitchenware
Newest Review: ... them at a carboot sale recently costing only a pound each opposed to almost a fiver each in supermarkets such as Tescos I had seen them in ... more
Good Old Pyrex
Pyrex Multipurpose Reheat Plate
Member Name: k2705
Pyrex Multipurpose Reheat Plate
Advantages: Lasts forever
Disadvantages: None at all
There are lots of new and different kitchen items on the market in just about any colour you choose, but at the end of the day you just cant beat good old Pyrex, it seems like its been around forever, 1915 actually and has earned its place in any kitchen. I have several Pyrex items in my kitchen, some bought new and some given to me by my mum that were her mums. The latest Pyrex thing I bought was a Multi Purpose Re Heat Plate. I saw it whilst on Amazon and thought it looked ideal for us.
My Pyrex re heat plate has a diameter of 25cm's and is made from clear glass, although I do think some Pyrex things that are called clear actually a slight tinge of colour to them. As Pyrex is made from borosilicate glass it makes it safe to use in the freezer, dishwasher, oven and microwave, it can withstand temperatures up to 300oC, its also stain resistant which means it stays looking nice and food never or very rarely sticks so cleaning it is nice and easy.
Sine buying my plate we have used it so many times. Its so handy for popping in the microwave to heat something up or more often de frost something. I have a bad habit of forgetting to get things out of the freezer before I go to work and need to defrost when I get home, this plate is just ideal for this. I also use it if I'm heating up something in a bowl that is likely to spray the entire inside of the microwave, I just pop the plate over the bowl.
My husband always come home for lunch and will often heat up left over pasta etc from the previous nights diner, once again the plate is perfect for this and he often just eats his lunch of the plate which saves washing up 2 plates. As the plate can go in the oven its ideal to warm up things that don't re heat so well in the microwave, pie for example, the pastry is always nicer from the oven.
I would certainly recommend the Pyrex Multi Purpose Re Heat plate, they are widely available both on the high street and on line and cost in the region of £2-5.00, not much for something that is virtually indestructible and really useful too.
Summary: A great addition to my kitchen
More reviews in the field of Kitchenware
- As actually used by Jamie? Possibly not.
- perfect poached eggs every single time
- Gotta have some hot stuff
- brilliant little sandwichosaurus cutter
- Twanging Tool
- Multi purpose kitchen foil at a penny pinching price!
- well, I suppose you get what you pay for .......
- Jamka stores your jam sandwiches just great
- Put your bread in the bin
- Spice up your life
- Toy Story Personalised Lunch Box
- Paladone Global Warming Ice Cube Tray
- Kitchen Craft One Piece Ultra Flexible Spatula
- Wmf Profi Plus Angled Fish Slice
- Chef'n Potato Ricer Black
- WMF Salt and Pepper Mill Metal
- Asda Chosen by You Little Princess Cupcake Boxes
- Personalised Pink Fairy Lunch Box
- Wilkinson Silicone Muffin Cases
- BacoFoil Small Portion Trays