Product Type: Tesco Kitchenware
Newest Review: ... on a budget but personally I hated it. Usually I love value products from Tesco but this really is shoddy and I would advise you to pa... more
Cheap but not cheerful
Tesco Value Flat Grater
Author Name: popmusicfan
Tesco Value Flat Grater
Advantages: Cheap and easy to use
Disadvantages: Makes your fingers ache after a while
I bought this as a spare grater, mainly for use in the caravan whilst travelling.
The grater is designed to be stood up to use, this means that you have to keep the grater raised with one hand and grate with the other hand. This can sometimes become a little uncomfortable. I much prefer electric graters that don't need two hands to be used. Plus there's not much room on the actual grater so you have to grate extra fast which is a little annoying. There should have been just the one section on the grater (a larger section) instead of the three smaller sections. I suppose it's not bad for a spare though and it did cost under a pound so I can't complain really.
You don't have to just grate cheese on this. You can also use this grater to grate vegetables, perfect for stews and soups. The grater is also easy to store due to it's small compact size. The silver colour also fits well with kitchen appliances and the grater itself is sturdy and durable. You can grate thin or thick "slices" of cheese and you can slice the cheese lengthways via the middle section of the grater. The grater works well to grate all types of cheese and/ or vegetables and it's quick and easy to use. I just wish it was more comfortable to use and I hate having to stand it up myself during use, leading to aching fingers and hands. However, the results are worth it. Carrots slice well on here, aswell as courgettes and leeks.
Not bad for the price though and it's a worthwhile purchase.
Summary: Not a bad bargain
More reviews in the field of Kitchenware
- Thin foil but good value as you only throw it away anyway.
- Vampires Beware!
- Tesco Go Cook Pizza Cutter
- Tesco Value Grater
- They look nice but aren't the best
- Hot things hot and cold things cold
- 6 years later and it's still going strong!
- Brabantia helps keep my kitchen looking smart & organised!
- Still as stylish as they were nine years ago.......
- At around 17p per clip - a truly remarkably low price for a virtually indestruct ...
- Lékué Silicone Mold Of A Gingerman
- Lékué Silicone Molten Lava Cake Mold
- Lékué Silicone Sticks Mould
- Lékué Silicone Strainer
- Lékué Spatula
- Joseph Joseph Baking Gift Set
- Cole and Mason Richmond Gift Set
- Spongebob Squarepants Party Theme Character Plate
- Asda Peppa Pig Snack Box
- Emsa Clip & Close Container