Product Type: Tesco Kitchenware
Newest Review: ... as I often manage to cut myself on thick foil, again sustaining injuries on my hands! This Tesco foil is of a medium thickness: thick enou... more
Not faulty foil
Tesco Value Wrapping Foil
Member Name: emmad5689
Tesco Value Wrapping Foil
Advantages: Keeps food fresh, great price
Disadvantages: Not as thick as the more expensive brands
I have been trying a lot of Tesco value items recently and this is one of the ones I have tried, in our house I have 2 children to pack up with food for at Grandas everyday and then myself and my husband take food to work with us so foil is something that we tend to get through a lot of.
The Tesco value foil is obviously from Tesco as the name would suggest and costs 80p for 30cm by 25m which seems great value until I point out that up until a couple of months ago this was 45p a roll of 15m so when you work it out the old roll was better value, still better value than the branded foil so I still buy it.
The foil is packaged in a tight plastic see through packet with the Tesco value logo printed onto it, The logo is very simple in red and dark blue which is nothing to shout about but what do you really want the packaging rips off quite easily and then the foil is held by a straight piece of white sticky paper which you need to peel off before using it.
The foil unravels easily too easily if you drop the roll!! The foil is strong enough to cover everything I need it to although it does state that it can't be used in the oven however before I read that I had frequently used it in the oven. I have used this in the oven to cover the baking tray when cooking parmesans and for covering a whole chicken and they have both been fine so although it isn't advised I personally will keep using it in the oven.
This foil is great and I would say it really isn't worth paying extra for the better branded ones, the foil rips straight even though it doesn't have a cutter attached to it and it keeps our sandwiches nice and fresh. I use this foil to cover packets of meat once they are open and have never found that any of it has gone off before expected so it certainly does the job well and the only thing I could say about it is it isn't as thick as the more expensive brands.
Summary: a brilliant everyday product
More reviews in the field of Kitchenware
- Tough for your little cookies, the indispensible plastic kids' plates :-)
- Coil shakers are much better then lattice structure ones !
- A great mash
- I like to keep things in a SLOM
- Fake breasts and frittatas
- Cheap foil.
- Kids plate
- Love the taste of garlic
- Really poor quality
- Great looking set of canisters
- Scrapcooking Princess Mould
- Scrapcooking Silicone Madeleine Mold
- Scrapcooking Round Mousse Ring Stainless Steel
- Scrapcooking Rectangle Canapé Mould
- Scrapcooking Plastic Cookie Cutters
- 100 % Chef The Package Of 5 Burning Grids For Aladin Smoker Small Box
- 100 % Chef Super Aladin Smoke Aromatiser One
- 100 % Chef Special Smoking Chips
- 100 % Chef Pliers For Tubes
- 100 % Chef Glass Cover For Aladin Smoke Aromatiser