Product Type: Tesco Kitchenware
Newest Review: ... as I often manage to cut myself on thick foil, again sustaining injuries on my hands! This Tesco foil is of a medium thickness: thick enou... more
Super value kitchen foil
Tesco Value Wrapping Foil
Member Name: ktbainbridge
Tesco Value Wrapping Foil
Advantages: Really good value for money
Disadvantages: Thin and tears easily
I am sure most of us are feeling the pinch at the moment, and I am certainly no exception. I try and save money where I can, and this generally involves trying a lot of the Tesco own products, to see if I can get away with buying a cheaper version or not. I have tried quite a few in various different things and I have found some cheaper alternatives to be perfect, and some to be terrible so it really is touch and go. Once I have bought them, if they are great, I stick to them. Tesco value kitchen foil is one of the ones I have continued to buy beyond my first try.
Price and availability:
This is a Tesco own product so is only available in Tescos stores, but this doesn't make it hard to find as Tescos do seem to be everywhere. It is available in the larger stores and in some of the smaller ones (but not all) that I have been to. It is priced at 90p for a 25m roll, and to put that into perspective, that is less than a third of the price of the Tesco own (but not the value) roll. It is even cheaper than the more expensive brand names.
Well we have established that this is cheap, but what is the quality like? Well, the quality is not quite as good as the more expensive brands. It does the job fine, but it is noticeably thinner, and tears easier if you have cooked something on it and then are trying to peel it off. I use this to protect my oven trays, to make them easier to clean and to keep them in good condition for longer. It really does satisfy that purpose.
Although the product is thin and tears easily, when you take the cost into account it is fantastic value for money. For that reason I continue to buy this product and will do so for the foreseeable future. It is not exactly equivalent to the more expensive ones, but it certainly is better value for money.
Summary: Not perfect but represents good value.
More reviews in the field of Kitchenware
- Brabantia can opener it....
- Handmade one of a kind Easter Eggs
- Ikea Slom Jar
- WASH, WASH, WASH THE DISHES THEN LEAVE THEM TO DRY
- Boring but needed.
- Cupcake Toppers And Wrappers
- Not just a celebrity gimic
- Snack time with Spiderman!
- Ronseal Power Sprayer, does exactly what it says on the.....box
- Is It A Spoon, Is It A Fork, Is It A Knife? No It's All Three.
- Ikea Jämka Food Container
- Lakeland Wrapmaster Dispenser
- Betterware Space Saving Silver Worktop Drainer Tray
- Kitchen Craft Non-stick Pastry Mat
- Bacofoil Foil Sheets
- Paladone Global Warming Ice Cube Tray
- Ikea Lämplig Chopping Board
- Circulon Bakeware Roaster with Rack
- Top Gourmet Chopping Board
- BacoFoil Small Portion Trays