* Prices may differ from that shown
I was recommended to try these by my parents who have used these for years. I like Toasties but although it isn't a hassle to clean the Toastie machine, it can take a bit time for it to heat up and then make them etc. So these are quick and convenient.
I picked up a pack of 40 of these in Poundland for - you guessed it £1. So not very expensive. It does state that you can reuse these, but i've just used them the once and threw them away. I always seem to get a blob of Melted Cheese on the inside of these anyway so I wouldn't want to use them again.
These are just thin brown bags. These feel a little paper like, but they are a shiny look to them, and since I know these are non stick then i'm assuming the shiny bit is the non stick part.
So what do you do with these? You make up a Sandwich, pop it into this bag and them put this into the Toaster. I find that just a couple of minutes in the Toaster will produce a nice warm Sandwich, with the meat warm, and Cheese melted if you have Cheese on it. I tend to either cook Cheese ones or Ham and Pickle and they both come out nice.
Although the Sandwich will be warm when it comes out it isn't too hot for you to get this out. Anyway since the bag is open at the end then you can just slide the sandwich out onto a plate and cut it up.
So all in all these are cheap, cheerful, convenient and make nice yummy Sandwiches. I can't believe that I hadn't tried it earlier than I did, but I will keep some of these in the house
I have seen another brand of these advertised on tv before and saw this pack of 2 for only £1.99 in the supermarket recently and thought I would give them a whirl.
WHAT ARE THEY?
* They are like a brown paper bag but with more of a plastic / non-stick feel, and are washable and re-usable upto 50 times (not sure what happens to them after that - haven't used them that many times as yet!)
* They basically replace the need for a sandwich toaster and you can make all the same sorts of sandwiches - the essential ingredient being cheese - which then produces a lovely warm sandwich snack of melted cheese mingled with other ingredients of your choice!!
* They are best suited to variable width toasters - but can be used with all types of toasters.
WHY USE THEM?
* You don't have the laborious task of cleaning melted cheese and butter off your toaster plates afterwards, just wash the toastabags in warm soapy water, and leave to dry - EASY.
* You save the time you would normally have to allow for the sandwich toaster to heat up first.
* Ideal for quick snacks and you can add a variety of fillings - as the bags come with a recipe idea leaflet including some sweet & some savoury.
HOW DO THEY WORK?
*Make your sandwich as normal (but with no need to butter the outer sides of the bread, as you do with a sandwich toaster).
* Pop it into the toastabag, and place into the slot of your toaster - with the open side upwards!!
* Set time/heat required as per your toaster and lower toastabag and contents to start cooking.
* WAIT - when ready - simply remove from bag, cut to desired shapes/sizes and ENJOY!!
According to information on the packaging you can also use them to heat up things like pizza slices. chicken nuggets etc.. although I haven't tried that so don't know how they perform in that area.
I have only made savoury toasties (in particular cheese, ham & mushroom - my absolute favourite!!) with mine so far - and they are just as enjoyable, if not nicer than when I make the same ones with a traditional sandwich toaster - because you don't get the hard edges where they have been sealed by the sandwich maker.
You can buy a range of other toastabags some with logos on for the children, and some that have a longer life ie. 100 times or 300 times usage - all of which are reasonably priced I feel for the convenience and performance you can expect when using them.
Recipe leaflet included Make perfect toasted sandwiches and other snacks with NO mess in your toaster or toaster oven! Simply make your sandwich, place it in the toastabag and pop the bag in your toaster. In about 3 minutes you will have a perfect toasted sandwich.