Product Type: Other Brands Kitchenware
Newest Review: ... - you guessed it £1. So not very expensive. It does state that you can reuse these, but i've just used them the once and threw them away. ... more
LIKE TOASTED SANDWICHES BUT HATE CLEANING UP THE MESS AFTERWARDS? TRY THESE.....
Member Name: skintbuthappy
Advantages: Easy to use & to clean, good performance, variety of fillings possible.
Disadvantages: None that I have found so far
I have seen another brand of these advertised on tv before and saw this pack of 2 for only £1.99 in the supermarket recently and thought I would give them a whirl.
WHAT ARE THEY?
* They are like a brown paper bag but with more of a plastic / non-stick feel, and are washable and re-usable upto 50 times (not sure what happens to them after that - haven't used them that many times as yet!)
* They basically replace the need for a sandwich toaster and you can make all the same sorts of sandwiches - the essential ingredient being cheese - which then produces a lovely warm sandwich snack of melted cheese mingled with other ingredients of your choice!!
* They are best suited to variable width toasters - but can be used with all types of toasters.
WHY USE THEM?
* You don't have the laborious task of cleaning melted cheese and butter off your toaster plates afterwards, just wash the toastabags in warm soapy water, and leave to dry - EASY.
* You save the time you would normally have to allow for the sandwich toaster to heat up first.
* Ideal for quick snacks and you can add a variety of fillings - as the bags come with a recipe idea leaflet including some sweet & some savoury.
HOW DO THEY WORK?
*Make your sandwich as normal (but with no need to butter the outer sides of the bread, as you do with a sandwich toaster).
* Pop it into the toastabag, and place into the slot of your toaster - with the open side upwards!!
* Set time/heat required as per your toaster and lower toastabag and contents to start cooking.
* WAIT - when ready - simply remove from bag, cut to desired shapes/sizes and ENJOY!!
According to information on the packaging you can also use them to heat up things like pizza slices. chicken nuggets etc.. although I haven't tried that so don't know how they perform in that area.
I have only made savoury toasties (in particular cheese, ham & mushroom - my absolute favourite!!) with mine so far - and they are just as enjoyable, if not nicer than when I make the same ones with a traditional sandwich toaster - because you don't get the hard edges where they have been sealed by the sandwich maker.
You can buy a range of other toastabags some with logos on for the children, and some that have a longer life ie. 100 times or 300 times usage - all of which are reasonably priced I feel for the convenience and performance you can expect when using them.
Summary: A fantastically easy way of making a warm tasty snack, with the minimum of fuss and mess.
More reviews in the field of Kitchenware
- MyPROTEIN Max Blender Bottle WHAT A SHAKER!
- Reinventing the wheel for the kitchen
- Feeling the heat? You need some of these!
- The perfect shaker
- A plentiful piece of kitchen towel!
- Does the job
- An essential item for milk frothing!
- Tea? Coffee? Hot Choc? ... Or Maybe Corks?!
- FINGERS OFF MY BISCUIT BARREL!
- Tea canister
- Asda Smartprice Foil
- Sainsbury's Cookie Cutters Crinkle Edge
- Nigella Lawson Cream Measuring Cups
- Asda Peppa Pig Snack Box
- Emsa Clip & Close Container
- Sainsbury's Soft Grip Cheese Plane
- The Pampered Chef Nylon Slice N Serve
- Nigella Lawson Cream Bread Bin
- Nigella Lawson Black Salt & Pepper Piglets
- Nigella Lawson Cream Cake Stand