Newest Review: ... in which are the ones I'm using at the moment. I paid £16 for my 15ml, the gift set (from memory when we bought a relative the same one... more
Juicy tubes a fun alternative to lipstick
Lancôme Juicy Tubes
Member Name: voodoolondon
Lancôme Juicy Tubes
Advantages: Good range of colours and flavours
Disadvantages: a bit sticky, quite expensive
Juicy Tubes are a cult lipgloss that are available in many different 'flavours'. Since all the different colours have different smells you can choose one to suit your mood.
They're available to purchase at around £14 in mmost department stores and Boots or you can buy little packs of them in duty free next time you're at the airport. They come in a plastic tube shaped a bit like a pen with a screw on lid and last for ages. The tube is normally in a silver box (a bit excessive packaging wise). The colours are also known by numbers and not all stores stock the same colours so you might have to hunt around for the one you're after. There are also special edition colours that come out periodically.
The good things about juicy tubes are the array of colours and the smells. My favourites are cherry rock which is a bright red (you can choose not to put too much on and it's quite subtle, or you can plaster it on thick for a bright pout), melon which is a pale pink colour and smells like jolly ranchers (remember them?) I've also tried a marshmallow one which did indeed smell like marshmallow fluff and had a subtle sheen to it.
They are quite sticky, and your boyfriend/significant other will probably hate you wearing them and moan about getting sticky stuff on him every time he tries to kiss you, for this reason I normally wear them when I'm out without him. And they will come off on your glass, they're not particularly long lasting. But they're fun and it's nice to put something other than vaseline on your lips if you're not into lipstick.
Summary: Fun to wear on a night out with friends (but not so great for kissing!)
More reviews in the field of Lancome
- Lancome Hypnose Waterproof Mascara
- A fruity little pick me up
- Hypnotised By This Mascara!
- No more lash extensions for me!
- Expensive brands doesn't always mean fantastic products!
- Not bad but not great for oily skin
- For Fuller, Beautiful Eyelashes..
- My new favourite
- An excellent all-round cleanser
- Lancome Vernis In Love Nail Lacquer
- Lancome Vernis In Love Mat Top Coat
- Lancome Color Ideal Poudre
- Lancome CILS Booster XL
- Lancome Angled Shader Brush
- Lancôme Masque Hydra Intense
- Lancôme Men Ultimate Cleansing Gel
- Lancôme Primordiale Optimum Yeux
- Lancôme Pure Focus Deep Purifiying Cleansing Gel
- Lancôme Renergie Morpholift Active Re-defining Beauty Lotion