Product Type: Apple laptops
Newest Review: ... impressed by the battery life. It lasts for AGES (up to 6 hours whilst surfing the net). I also really like the battery level met... more
Apple MacBook MB467B/A
Member Name: sarah09
Apple MacBook MB467B/A
Advantages: You will be the coolest person in your office
Disadvantages: You won't have enough money to eat
An extravagant purchase, I must admit. The price tag of this machine is approximately four times more than I was expecting to pay when I decided to buy a new laptop to replace my three-and-a-half-year-old broken Acer. I was, however, overwhelmed by its style and beauty. This is a COOL computer. I'm certain that is capable of doing far more than I use it for (surfing the internet, word processing, a little bit of photo editing), but all I am interested in is the backlit keyboard - I no longer have to get out of bed to turn on the light! Amazing!
Ok so I'm going to let the technical specification speak for itself, mainly because I have no idea what any of it means. All I can say is the following:
- From pressing the power button to checking my email takes less than 45 seconds, that is, if I don't get carried away with doing something else in the meantime.
- It never overheats, but I don't know how, since I can't see any ugly vents in the "Unibody".
- It feels very sturdy. I carry it to work in my rucksack every day and I feel like I could go on doing the same forever without the computer coming to any harm. I mean it's made of aluminium...
- Did I already mention how cool it looks?
So that's the technical bit out of the way. Now for the bad points:
- It is pretty expensive. Although I've been told that to buy a non-Apple laptop with a similar specification to this, would cost a similar amount. But given that I for one don't need this machine to be half as powerful as it is, I think I can conclude that I've paid quite a lot for it.
- As a computer user who has never used the Mac operating system before, it did take a couple of days to get used to it. It was a bit like learning a new language in the beginning, but its very easy to get the hang of it, so don't let that put you off.
- I think the mouse pad is a little bit tricky. I, personally, don't have any problems with it. I find it easy to use. I love all the special gestures you can use (two-finger scrolling, three-finger swipe - read the instruction manual, it's pretty smart). However, upon watching my friend trying to surf the internet, I was made aware that perhaps the mouse pad isn't the easiest thing to use if you haven't read the manual.
And that's it. Now all I need to do is save up for a new iPod to go with it.
Summary: Not just stylish, also a very good computer
|Ease of use:|