Product Type: Apple laptops
Newest Review: ... It literally takes seconds to do anything. For example, on my old laptop (HP) it could take around 1-2 minutes to load up the computer f... more
Apple MacBook Pro (MD322B/A)
Member Name: paiget123
Apple MacBook Pro (MD322B/A)
Date: 05/11/12, updated on 08/11/12 (15 review reads)
Advantages: Fast, light, stylish.
Disadvantages: The speakers are not loud.
I have recently upgraded from a Macbook to a Macbook Pro and the difference is astounding. Though I'm not a computer geek- merely a university undergraduate taking advantage of student discount for such a lovely piece of machinery.
This review is more for the people who don't understand the lingo of the computer world.
I AM A CONVERT. COMPARE MAC AND WINDOWS.
My first few computers were in fact Windows, so I can compare between the two systems and without a doubt tell you that the Mac is 100% better. Here are the reasons why.
- Ease of set up, when you get this product from the shop you simply press the 'on' button and it guides you through each step to customise the gadget to your tastes.
-Ease of use, everything you could possibly need in on your 'dashboard', on the bottom or side of your screen (AS YOU HAVE CHOSEN IN THE SET UP) there will be an icon that takes you to different things (Word, Skype, Firefox) Another brilliant function is the 'Spot light', in the top right hand corner if you are having trouble locating something, you simply type it in at the top and it will locate it for you.
- APPS, you can get some fantastic free and paid apps with Mac that you just drag off their website and onto your computer for example 'sticky notes' to go on your 'dashboard' if like me you are a forgetful person and need reminding constantly!
- Software, unlike Windows you DO NOT HAVE TO BUY ANTI VIRUS! So you are saving yourself the £30-90 each year but not getting that. Mac is not susceptible like Windows.
- Life, all my windows computers lasted me between 1-3 years before they begin slowing down, getting virus' and dying on me whereas my Macs have lasted 3-5 before these symptoms begin to show.
- Customer service is outstanding, I had my last laptop 5 years with one hiccup where I took it to an Apple shop and they replaced it on the day, no questions asked. This has been the same with my iPhone too.
COMPARE MACBOOK AND MACBOOK PRO- UPGRADE
The Macbook Pro is light, thinner and more stylish looking; with a chrome finish it does not take much cleaning to keep looking brand new.
The camera is clearer and it's a less noisy computer, taking seconds to turn on.
The speed of the computer is good and this Mac is easy to use even for those with not much experience.
I swear by Apple as the set up is so straight forward, you press the power button and it guides you step by step in lay mans terms.
Battery life is better MCB was about 3-5 hours depending on what you are doing on it and the MCBPRO is about 5-9 hours depending on what you are doing on it.
Charger is also more stylish, connected with a magnet so if you're like me and are clumsy; tripping over wires etc then this is good as it just pings off rather than pulling the laptop down with it.
The only downside I see to this is that the speakers are not very loud when playing without headphones, though there is capability to plug in speakers and I find this with most laptops.
Summary: I love my MacBook Pro - much recommended
|Ease of use:|