* Prices may differ from that shown
I bought my HP Envy 17-1190ea eleven months ago and it's been an amazing investment. I use my laptop for studying and also playing games (including rather graphic intensive games such as the Sims 3, Witcher 2 and Civ V) and so far the HP Envy has risen to all challenges.
The 17" screen is powered by an AMD graphics card which displays videos and games beautifully, the beats audio allows for fantastic, clear sound.
The processor might not be the fastest available but so far I have no complaints with it's performance and unlike my previous Acer, I've had no problems with blue screens!
- Large, clear display
- Lots of Ram
- HDMI support
- HP offer an extensive warranty and support for the product and their troubleshooting tools onboard are extremely useful for the average pc user.
- Wonderful sound quality.
- You cannot use a headphone/microphone headset without enabling the headphones - I believe this is down to the sound card and is the case in most laptops. You can bypass this by using external speakers so it's not a huge issue but worth mentioning for gamers. Voice chat works brilliantly with the inbuilt microphone so it's not a deal breaker.
- The unit can get very hot (as with the majority of laptops) especially while gaming. I have a large usb fan which keeps my machine cooled, which cost me about £30. Bear in mind that due the size of the laptop you will need to seek out a large enough fan as many are made for 15" laptops.
- Only a 1.6Ghz processor, which isn't the fastest processor anymore.
Experience true computing luxury! The HP Envy17 offers technology enthusiasts an expansive canvas for all their needs (and wants). An ultra-wide display, elegant design and powerful processor make it the ultimate choice for mobile computing.
|Product Description:||HP Envy 17-1190ea - Core i7 720QM 1.6 GHz - 17.3" TFT|
|Recommended Use:||Home use|
|Dimensions (WxDxH):||41.6 cm x 27.5 cm x 3.9 cm|
|Localisation:||English / United Kingdom|
|Built-in Devices:||Stereo speakers, wireless LAN aerial, Bluetooth aerial|
|Processor:||Intel Core i7 720QM / 1.6 GHz ( Quad-Core )|
|Cache Memory:||6 MB - L3 Cache|
|RAM:||4 GB (installed) / 8 GB (max) - DDR3 SDRAM ( 1 x 4 GB )|
|Card Reader:||5 in 1|
|Hard Drive:||500 GB - Serial ATA-150 - 7200 rpm|
|Optical Storage:||DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM / BD-ROM|
|Display:||17.3" BrightView Infinity TFT 1600 x 900 ( WXGA++ ) - 16:9|
|Graphics Controller:||ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5850|
|Video Memory:||1 GB GDDR5 SDRAM|
|Audio Output:||Sound card|
|Networking:||Network adapter - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n|
|Input Device:||Keyboard, ClickPad|
|Battery:||6-cell Lithium Ion|
|Operating System:||Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Edition|
|Microsoft Office Preloaded:||Includes a pre-loaded image of select Microsoft Office 2010 suites. Purchase an Office 2010 Product Key Card or disc to activate preloaded software on this PC.|
|Manufacturer Warranty:||1 year warranty|