* Prices may differ from that shown
I bought my HP Envy 17-1190ea eleven months ago and it's been an amazing investment. I use my laptop for studying and also playing games (including rather graphic intensive games such as the Sims 3, Witcher 2 and Civ V) and so far the HP Envy has risen to all challenges.
The 17" screen is powered by an AMD graphics card which displays videos and games beautifully, the beats audio allows for fantastic, clear sound.
The processor might not be the fastest available but so far I have no complaints with it's performance and unlike my previous Acer, I've had no problems with blue screens!
- Large, clear display
- Lots of Ram
- HDMI support
- HP offer an extensive warranty and support for the product and their troubleshooting tools onboard are extremely useful for the average pc user.
- Wonderful sound quality.
- You cannot use a headphone/microphone headset without enabling the headphones - I believe this is down to the sound card and is the case in most laptops. You can bypass this by using external speakers so it's not a huge issue but worth mentioning for gamers. Voice chat works brilliantly with the inbuilt microphone so it's not a deal breaker.
- The unit can get very hot (as with the majority of laptops) especially while gaming. I have a large usb fan which keeps my machine cooled, which cost me about £30. Bear in mind that due the size of the laptop you will need to seek out a large enough fan as many are made for 15" laptops.
- Only a 1.6Ghz processor, which isn't the fastest processor anymore.