Product Type: Lenovo laptops
Newest Review: ... the hard drive (to protect data) if dropped or knocked about. PROS: - A very quick, elegant and responsive piece of equipment. Honestly, i... more
Worth the money
Lenovo Thinkpad R400 7439
Member Name: owtte
Lenovo Thinkpad R400 7439
Advantages: quick, hardy, good screen size, long battery life
Disadvantages: no CD drive, slightly bulky
I've had this laptop for about 3 years or so now, and it's doing pretty well by my standards. Designed to account for the clumsier types, travelling types and all those who may jostle their gadgets as they move them from A to B, the Lenovo R400 is a sturdy, hardy model, that wouldn't ever go down without a fight.
Lenovo themselves describe the structure as having a 'roll cage' of sorts, as well as the capability to shut down the hard drive (to protect data) if dropped or knocked about.
- A very quick, elegant and responsive piece of equipment. Honestly, it's been a pleasure to own;
- No major hardware faults within the first 3 years;
- The frame doesn't scratch/damage easily;
- A decently sized screen that is easy to work on.
- 4 hour battery life (this has diminished to about 3h15min after 3 years, for me)
- Straight from the factory and sold via a company who'd bought them and then decided they'd never need them (so essentially brand new), the R400 did not come with a CD drive. Rather, there is a panel at the side, and users would be required to purchase the drive separately (or alternatively buy an external drive).
- Only 3 USB ports: there are hundreds of gizmos these days that you might pick up and want as something of a 'permanent' attachment to your laptop. And everything seems to be USB powered. So, there is an element of disadvantage with only 3 USB ports (2 located on the left side panel, and one on the right, near the hinge by the screen). There is the option of buying a multiport hub, but this reduces mobility a little, as it's just extra to carry around.
- Minor hardware faults: whilst cleaning the keyboard, the hooks that hold one of my keys (the 'm') key on snapped off (surprisingly easily), so this key constantly falls off.
- A little bulkier than some more recent laptops.
A positive experience. A couple of minor things that I'd fault but generally a decent laptop, and well worth the money.
Summary: Maybe a few minor faults, but definitely worth its market price.
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Laptop
- It's good laptop and cheap
- Hp Pavilion g6 series was a great buy!
- Will make using your PC at work even less enjoyable!
- My Best Friend!
- Lenovo 3000 N500 4233 - Review
- All Round Mean Machine!
- Sleek, elegant, pure class.
- this is the E series u want
- Quite a powerful laptop
- Samsung R505 Sleak finish lacks performance