I have been provided this laptop for work purposes and have been using it for past 1 year. Here is a review of the features that will help you decide if you are interested in Thinkpad T60
The good points are
1) Thinkpad: Thinkpads have long defined the perfect office laptop. Very reliable and even though now its under Lenovo, the quality is very good
2) Performance: My laptop has 2gb of RAM and for normal office software (Lotus Notes, MS Office , Oracle) the laptop performs very well
3) Keyboard: Thinkpads have one of the nicest keyboard and typing my long documents is made easy thanks to it
4) Quiet, Cool & reliable: The laptop comes with Active Protection that stops the hard disk if it falls. Good if you are clumsy and drop laptops :O
But, there are some bad points as well
1) Heavy: Its not a perfect laptop as its little too heavy to carry from along the whole day. The X Series of thinkpad does better
2) Not for Multimedia: There is no widescreen option and the video memory is ok. Not the laptop if you want it for watching movie and games
3) Price: Reliability comes with a price tag and thinkpads are very expensive machine
Overall, i would recommend this laptop for anyone who is looking for a office laptop. Its reliable and you can trust all your work to it.
If you are a home user, you are better off going for a Sony or Dell.
You'll be glad to the new, thin, light, full-function power of the latest ThinkPad T60 Series notebooks. Plus, Lenovo takes a system-wide approach to durability - combining a magnesium-alloy roll cage with the ThinkVantage Active Protection System and a shock-mounted hard drive. That way, your system and data are protected against potential damage caused by cab drivers, drops and airline security.