* Prices may differ from that shown
I am very disappointed when I explored the Toshiba Satellite Pro L650-167. honestly, I would not recommend anyone this product. Here is why.
1. the system comes with a lot of bloatwares, which dramatically slows down the system. When I first turned on the machine, I thought I was using a 486.
2. There are no set up disks provided! So, should if the system crashes, the only option I have would be restore the factory settings including all the preloaded software, which I have to uninstall all of them one more time. A nightmare indeed.
3. limited memory-card option! Only supports SD and Sony Memorystick.
4. The graphics card needs 8GB RAM to run a 2 GB, otherwise, you will not able to use all the power available. So it is like you have gun but you do not have a bullet to use it.
5. design is not my favorite as well, you can not tell the difference between the basic model and advanced model. The hard shell feels cheap and nasty.
6. Touchpad occasionally a little bit jerky and can not scroll from left to right, only another way around.
7. the computer fan is too loud, when I first turned on, the store has many customers but I can still hear the noise clearly, think about when you use it at night.
8. screen resolution is not compatible with i5 system, it's totally a drawback.
Overall, Toshiba Satellite Pro L650-167 is not something you want to spend your money with, you have other great selections to choose with same kind of budget.
I love the point that the laptop doesn't weigh to a lot considering it's overall performance. I additionally like it's all black style. The web cam and microphone function well when utilizing skype and so on. I love the point that you will find USB ports on both sides of the laptop.
Provides extensive bloatware installed on the system that took me some time to un-install. I don't need a one month trail of Office on my laptop - what good is that after thirty days I can't modify documents or excel data files. I'd have prefred if it simply had windows 7 set up with the proper drivers and so on. Plus it did not include a recovery DVD - I needed to burn my very own using the software program supplied so I needed to purchase a few blank DVDs. The SD Card slot must have a piece of plastic in it so dust etcetera doesn't get in to it. The DVD drive does seem like it doesn't close firmly though it has.
The Toshiba Satellite Pro L650 series notebook offers the essentials to easily manage today's demanding business applications in small offices, and provides plenty of multimedia features supporting professionals during its work or serving as an entertainment device during breaks or for leisure.
Satellite Pro L650 comes in a classic and timeless design that continues the common Satellite Pro design language. The laptops' textured surface provides for robustness and a low sensitivity to fingerprint marks.
Targeted at professionals with everyday computing needs - which increasingly include multimedia requirements - the Satellite Pro L650 features a 15.6" HD display with LED backlighting. It is a laptop with all-round capabilities that will help to easily manage today's business applications both in the office and while out and about.
|Product Description:||Toshiba Satellite Pro L650-167 - 15.6" - Core i5 430M - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit - 4 GB RAM - 500 GB HDD|
|Operating System:||Windows 7 Pro 64-bit|
|Processor:||Intel Core i5 430M / 2.26 GHz ( 2.53 GHz ) / 3 MB Cache|
|Memory:||4 GB DDR3|
|Storage:||500 GB HDD / 5400 rpm|
|Optical Drive:||DVD SuperMulti DL|
|Display:||15.6" LED backlight TruBrite 1366 x 768 / HD|
|Graphics:||ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 - 1 GB|
|Networking:||802.11n, Bluetooth 2.1 EDR , Gigabit Ethernet|
|Battery:||Up to 3.7 hours|
|Dimensions (WxDxH):||38 cm x 25 cm x 3.8 cm|
|Microsoft Office Preloaded:||Includes a pre-loaded image of select Microsoft Office 2010 suites. Purchase an Office 2010 Product Key Card or disc to activate preloaded software on this PC.|
|Environmental Standards:||ENERGY STAR Qualified|
|Manufacturer Warranty:||1 year warranty|