* Prices may differ from that shown
I'm not an expert on lawnmowers so I wasn't entirely sure what overall star rating to give this one. I have to say though, this is a very frustratig device to use, and I can't imagine that all lawnmowers perform so average with quite so many issues.
For the record, our model of this is quite old now, so that could maybe account for all the problems with it, but those problems are numerous nonetheless. Firstly, the mower has been poorly put together; the handle for the mower is very awkward and lacks manoeuvrability, making it very frustrating when turning corners. You basically have to double back on yourself and yank the thing off the ground in order to move it. The plug attachment is very annoying too. There are times when the lawnmower will simply cut out before I look down and realise that the plug has detached itself. Whether this is for safety - so you don't damage the mower's socket by pulling it too far or too hard - I don't know, but it can be very irritating.
The blades aren't perfect, either. A few year's useage have rendered them blunt, which was inevitable, but the mower never cut the grass that effectively when it was first bought. It has always, to this day, cut short grass fine but misses out longer strands. The blades have always been so ineffective that they often flatten the grass without actually trimming it.
Worst of all, though, is the grass collector at the front, easily accounting for the most annoyance. As the collector is detachable, it does allow you to empty the grass out quicker. However, this wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the fact that the collector's grips, designed to attach to the mower, have been so shoddily done. One slight nudge, and the collector will detach itself from the mower, tumbling onto the ground. I cannot tell you how many times I've had to re-attach the thing while cutting simply because a slight indentation in the ground or a slight movement of the mower encouraged the collector to fall off.
I can't say I'm any kind of pro on lawnmowers, but I can tell you that this one probably isn't one of the best models out there.
I would not recommend this mower for the following reasons:
(1) Cutting blades dull quickly and quickly get clogged with grass if grass is damp when cut.
(2) Unless you have a very level lawn you will find that the mower tends to scalp the high bits while missing the low bits. It also performs poorly if used on longer grass tending to flatten rather than cut.
(3) Grass collection box is positioned at the front which can make it difficult to cut to the edge of your lawn if anything is in the way (raised borders, shrubs and so on).
(4) The collection box is prone to detaching itself and does not collect anything like 23L which is claimed by the manufacturer.
(5) Cable at 12m is pretty short making it suitable for only small gardens.
(6) Mower is difficult to maneuver in tight spots.
All in I consider this mower to be a very poor buy and to be avoided.