Newest Review: ... herself. The blocks are the perfect size for toddler hands. They are the same as Lego blocks just larger. They pop together easily and can... more
A lovely addition to any Duplo set
Lego 6136 Duplo My First Zoo
Member Name: taramorg23
Lego 6136 Duplo My First Zoo
Advantages: A good selection of pieces
Disadvantages: No storage box
We have a lot of Duplo in my house. I bought this for my daughter last Christmas as one of her first sets. It cost me £15 from Smyths. The age recommendation on the box is 2-5 however my daughter started playing with this at around 12 months. Anyone familiar with Duplo will know that the pieces are large so suitable for younger children.
The set comes in a cardboard box. I also bought a basic box of blocks so this fits in there nicely otherwise you will need somewhere to store it once it is open.
The set contains a few baby animals including a tiger, elephant, polar bear and a giraffe. You also get a zoo keeper figure and his car then finally a few different basic blocks to set the zoo scene. The blocks that come with the set include green to replicate the grass and also clear blue blocks to replicate ice for the polar bear. There is also a window which opens and a block with the word zoo written on it. Finally there are some fences to keep the animals contained and a few accessories for the animals including a fish for the polar bear, a steak for the tiger, a fork for the elephant to 'muck out' his area and some flowers and trees for the giraffe.
The blocks are brightly coloured which makes them ideal for toddlers we are now learning colours with them. They are also made from a sturdy plastic so they will survive trips off the highchair and down the stairs.
Initially when my daughter recieved this she liked me to build it so she could take it all apart. However now she is older she likes to build the blocks herself. The blocks are the perfect size for toddler hands. They are the same as Lego blocks just larger. They pop together easily and can also be pulled apart with ease. My daughter knows each of the animals and likes to feed the tiger his steak.
The set is nice but it doesn't contain many blocks so in addition I bought more blocks and also a building base which again can be picked up in all toy stores.
This is one of the best sets we have it is also small enough to put a few bits in my daughters bag when we are out and about. I thoroughly recommend these.
Summary: A little zoo for little people
More reviews in the field of Lego
- But who will rescue the Princess?
- ~Lego Lighting The Way!~
- Lego City Limits
- For the next generation of Creative Cake makers
- One Lego man goes to space
- A great Duplo pack
- Pretty Princess Playtime with Lego!
- you're never too old for LEGO!!
- Brilliant blocks!
- Lego Toy Story 7789........Fun little dump truck with moving wheels, dumping mot ...
- Lego 6243 Pirates Brickbeard's Bounty
- Lego 8119 Racers Thunder Racer
- Lego 8123 Racers Ferrari F1 Racers
- Lego 8165 Racers Monster Jumper
- Lego 8956 Power Miners Stone Chopper
- Lego 76008 Super Heroes Iron Man Vs The Mandarin
- Lego 76006 Super Heroes Iron Man Extremis Sea Port Battle
- Lego 76003 Super Heroes Superman Battle of Smallville
- Lego 76002 Super Heroes Superman Metropolis Showdown
- Lego 76007 Super Heroes Iron Man Malibu Mansion Attack