Product Type: Blistex Lip Care
Newest Review: ... tube that spews ready or not as soon as you open it. It now comes in a little pot that you have to swirl the tip of your finger in to... more
Blistex Lip Medex
Member Name: AprilMay
Blistex Lip Medex
Advantages: Great protection, moisturising, SPF 15, tasteless.
Disadvantages: Not particularly shiny.
Blistex is probably one of my only absolute beauty essentials. I am 100% loyal to the brand as I've tried loads of other lip balms over the years and none of them have ever compared to Blistex.
I like that this version comes in the small pot rather than the tubes, as I find it means that I can put on as much or as little as I want and also that I can get every last little scrap out. With the tubes I find that there's always some left in the packaging that you can't get out. Also with the tubes the balm seems a lot thinner and is more like a cream. I find the thick balm a lot better on my lips.
Blistex is thick enough to do a really good job as a sort of barrier cream protectant for your lips, whether against wind, cold, or sun. In fact the balm is SPF 15+, which, while it doesn't offer total sun protection, definitely helps to protect your lips from UV rays. It is also an intense moisturiser and rather than just sitting on top of the lips without actually making a difference to the condition of the skin underneath, it does improve the smoothness of lips and will soothe chapped lips.
A common problem I have with other lip balms is the sort of sticky feeling it gives at the back of your throat when you, inevitably, swallow some. Blistex doesn't give me this problem at all and while I'm sure some does get in my mouth I really don't notice it at all.
Overall I can't recommend this highly enough. For a pound or two (depending on offers etc) it is a great product to carry with you all the time. It isn't as shiny as some lip balms but will give you a nice little sheen when thickly applied and will give your lips a slightly tingly sensation. Perfect any time of year and for all your lips' needs!
Summary: Highly recommended.
More reviews in the field of Lip Care
- Passion fruit lip butter
- Cranberry shimmer is the one for me!
- Get lippy!
- Honey, this lip balm is the bees knees
- Bee Beautiful with tinted lips
- The Body shop Chocomania lip butter- Perfect little lip butter for the chocoholi ...
- Silky lips with a hint of lemon on the side please
- Bubblegum Lip Scrub from Lush - giving me kissable lips - all year round
- EOS Sweet Mint Lip Balm Sphere- Great Balm!
- Lancome L'Absolu Nu
- Montagne Jeunesse Natural Beeswax Healing Balm
- Beauty UK Lip Lust
- Lip Smacker Sprite Lip Set
- The Body Shop Coconut Lip Butter
- ChapStick Medicated Lip Balm
- Une Glimmer Lips Gloss
- The Body Shop Honey Bronze Lip Nectar
- The Body Shop Honey Bronze Shimmering Lip Balm
- Guerlain Terracotta Terracotta Gloss