Product Type: Blistex Lip Care
Newest Review: ... makes my lips feel. It is a really soothing lip balm that you scoop out with your finger and apply to your lips and will heal them in no t... more
More harm than good.
Member Name: Betterwithasmile
Advantages: Improves condition of extremely chapped lips
Disadvantages: Can make your lips worse.
This time last year, autumn/ winter time, I badly suffered from extremely chapped lips. They were incredibly dry and were peeling off left right and centre. In a bid to help this I invested in a few medicated and heavy duty lip product, Blistex Med Plus being one of them.
This lip balm comes in a small 7g blue pot with " Blistex Med Plus for Lips" on the lid and ingredients around the outside. The pot is also of a convenient size which is small enough to fit into your pocket.
"Menthol and camphor both have cooling properties, while carrot oil has an abundance of antioxidants, which protect human cells from harmful free-radical attack. Teamed with cocoa seed butter and lanolin to help restore the moisture balance, this formula is first aid to ailing lips."
This lip balm is a thick clear balm which has a strong menthol scent. Initially when applied it makes your lips tingle and the cooling affect with relieve and sooth any chapped parts of your lips, or peeling of lips like I have previously sported and will moisturize. I then find that once the cooling effect has worn away, this balm is painful on the lips and I find my lips beginning to dry out, the opposite of what a lip balm should do.
Overall I think this lip balm is good for extremely severe chapped cases but if your lips are need of just a little moisture this lip balm will be more painful than anything and will make your lips worse, instead for that I would suggest CHAPSTICK.
Thanks for reading.
Summary: I've found better.
More reviews in the field of Lip Care
- Give your lips a break!.....
- versatile and inexpensive
- Ooh Shiny Shiny!
- I love strawberries & milkshake.. but do I love this strawberries & milkshake li ...
- Carmex Cherry Tube
- Bee Happy?
- hmm.. an alright product!
- Superdrug The Little Green Tin - okay but I think I'll stick to vaseline!
- Looks cute, smells good, but overall pretty average
- bad lips BEE gone!
- The Body Shop Foundation Lip Butter
- Lush Popcorn Lip Scrub
- Montagne Jeunesse Cracked Lips Beeswax & Olive Oil
- I Love...Raspberry & Blackberry Glossy Lipbalm
- Persian Rose Rose Lip Balm
- Naturaleve Pukka Pout Lip Balm
- Agatha Ruiz De La Prada Lipbalm
- Lip Smacker Lip Balm
- Ben & Jerry's Choc Chip Cookie Dough Lip Balm
- Marks & Spencer Passion Fruit Lip Butter