Newest Review: ... the lips. How do you use the product? The product should be applied to the lips twice daily for the most effective use. You need to rem... more
A complex issue
Dermalogica Renewal Lip Complex
Member Name: walsha11
Dermalogica Renewal Lip Complex
Advantages: smooth lips, reduces redness, soft, lightweight, sinks in quickly
Disadvantages: sometimes coarse lumps, price
This was another one of the sample sized Dermalogica products I received in a product box I used to subscribe to. It came with some other products I have also reviewed - this was probably one of the better products in the selection.
Dermalogica say of this product 'a sophisticated daily treatment with a patented polypeptide that restores delicate tissue, minimises contour lines and helps prevent the signs of aging caused by Advanced Glycation End-products...a moisturising blend of Avocado Oil, combined with Shea and Cocoa Seed butters, quickly smoothes rough, uneven lips'. I am only 22 so I was not really concerned about the anti-ageing properties of this product - although, if it is as good as they say it is then it is an added bonus to what is already a lovely product. I like particularly their use of natural ingredients in a lot of their products, it gives the brand a feel of richness which is altogether better for your skin.
The lip salve comes in a 1.75 ml silver tube - it is easy to apply and the applicator works just as it should. In terms of the actual salve itself I think it is very good. It has a lovely sweet berry smell to it which is rather pleasant - and at odds with a lot of their other products which have a more distinctively chemical smell to them. The complex is very smooth and light - it doesn't feel heavy or oily on your lips and sinks in very quickly leaving your lips feeling hydrated. I thought it was one of the more effective lip salves I have tried and really had very little to complain about in terms of the product. My only issue would be that there were some larger lumps in my balm which rubbed into your lips but gave the largely smooth gel a coarser feel.
The product retails at £22.50 or you can pick it up for £16.95 from the pure beauty website. I think the price tag really prevents me from considering purchasing this again in the future. I can see that my sample is going to last me a while anyway - so I am in no rush to repurchase one yet but there are certainly lip products higher up on my list and cheaper to boot.
Overall I think it is a nice lip product but not really worth the money - as is my general consensus with most of the dermalogica products (bar the few I REALLY got hooked on).
Summary: Another good dermalogica product with too high a price tag
More reviews in the field of Lip Care
- For the Chocoholic in you...
- Not sure about the popping candy...
- Seriously, why would you?
- not an essential in my daily routine
- Well.. Not as good as other products.
- Cymex - You Can't Beat This
- Blistex Intensive Moisturiser - Soft lips in a tube.
- Appelicious? You Bet And Nourishing Too!
- My lips never looked so hydrated and full of colour!
- Vaseline: the original and still the best!
- Greenland Lip Balm Strawberry
- Wild About Beauty Nutrilips Balm
- Rodial Glam Stick
- Carmex Mint Lip Balm Tube
- Carmex Classic Moisturising Lip Balm Tube
- Carmex Classic Moisturising Lip Balm Pot
- Carmex Cherry Moisturising Lip Balm Pot
- Bobbi Brown Lip Balm SPF15
- Molton Brown Pep Rich Lip Booster
- Yves Saint Laurent Top Secrets Re plumping Lip & Contour Shaper