Product Type: The Body Shop Lip Care
Newest Review: ... body lotion with it as the lip balm was only £2 in store. I have the strawberry one, and its in such a small little tub its easy to take... more
Delicious to taste and smell but very sticky!
The Body Shop Lip Balms
Member Name: Kmoore13
The Body Shop Lip Balms
Advantages: Lovely shiny look that lasted!
Disadvantages: Too sticky and gluppy, sometimes the smell and taste was a bit too much for a lp balm
I brought two of these when they were in a promotion at the body shop (think I got 2 for £2). I got the mango one and the passion fruit one. I love the smells of the products in the body shop and knew these would be exactly the same and I wasn't wrong! They smell and even taste sooooo good! However, they are very sticky and gluppy...not always the best texture to feel when you lick your lips and i feel they are sticking when I open my mouth or move my lips. My boyfriend also commented on the stickiness of these balms and refused to kiss me because he didn't like the gluppiness! On the other hand they do last (that's with me licking them off because they taste so good) and they do look lovely and shining on. The passion fruit one I got had more of a shimmer to it, it looked like a metalic shiver. I preferred the passion fruit one as it wasn't as strong as the mango. I also found that it is the only lip balm I have ever tried that leaves a rim round a drinking glass like lipstick sometimes does. I really hate that so this along with the stickiness made me dislike this balm and I must say that I would not buy it again. I also find that it did not help me with dry and sort lips and did not moisture them at all. It was only good for the shiny lip look! Not bad for the price though.
Summary: Nice lip balm to look at, not so comfortable to wear, doesn't do anything about moisturizing lips
More reviews in the field of Lip Care
- For the Chocoholic in you...
- Popcorn Lip Scrub
- Chubby and charming!
- Looking for a fruity infusion? Buy Born Lippy Lip Balms!
- Shimmer - winner.
- Kiss me quick.
- My lips are cared for and moisturised thanks to Biotherm!
- Appelicious? You Bet And Nourishing Too!
- My lips never looked so hydrated and full of colour!
- Vaseline: the original and still the best!
- Burt's Bees Ultra Conditioning Lip Balm
- Korres Guava Lip Butter
- Burt's Bees Ultra Moisturising Lip Treatment
- Bliss Fabulips Breath Freshening Glossy Balm
- Burt's Bees Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil
- Lipcote Aquamaid
- Barefoot Botanicals Rosa Fina Smooch Penetrating Lip Salve
- Garnier Ambre Solaire UV Ski Combi 2 in 1 SPF30 Cream & Lip Protection Stick
- Garnier Ambre Solaire UV Ski Combi 2 in 1 SPF50+ Cream & Lip Protection Stick
- La Roche Posay Nutritic Lips