Product Type: Vaseline Lip Care
Newest Review: ... with any of the vaseline products that I have used in the past. Vaseline Lip Therapy tins all come in small circular tins that can ea... more
Vaseline Lip Therapy Cocoa Butter - I have struggled to find anything as good!
Vaseline Cocoa Butter Lip Therapy
Member Name: karlsm93
Vaseline Cocoa Butter Lip Therapy
Advantages: Lovely smell, very effective in harsh weather
I wrote a review recently on another lip salve, and realised as I was writing that I hadn't actually reviewed my favourite one Vasline Lip Therapy with Cocoa Butter, which can be picked up for around the £2 mark in the likes of Boots and even in most of the supermarkets. I love the smell of cocoa butter, and I have tended to stick to vaseline in the past given that lip salves with fragrances can sometimes irritate me so I do have to be careful, but I have never had any problems with any of the vaseline products that I have used in the past.
Vaseline Lip Therapy tins all come in small circular tins that can easily be popped in a pocket or handbag. The colour on each tin tells you the type of vaseline, and in this case, the tin is half white, half brown, reflecting the cocoa butter element. This lip therapy is meant to help lips keep moisturised, stopping them from losing natural moisture and ensuring they get protected from the harsh elements, particularly in the winter. Cocoa butter is well known for its skin conditioning benefits.
When you first open this little tin, the sweet smell of the cocoa butter hits you and it smells lovely, and also tastes lovely. I put this on in the morning when I was putting the rest of my make up on and it lasts me most of the day, although I do tend to top up later in the day, but it isn't overly necessary. Most lip salves I have tried in the past have left my lips feeling moisturised initially but it soon fades away. No matter how cold the weather is, if I have applied this lip therapy to my lips before heading out in it, there has been no chapping of my lips. In fact even by the end of a day of harsh weather, my lips feel super soft.
For the price that you pay for this product in comparison to many of the more expensive brands out there, I think it is a great lip product. It really does protect my lips in harsh winter weather, and even more so than the other vaseline lip therapy tins I have used. This is by far the best for my lips and I love that I don't have to keep reapplying it through the day to keep them protected. A layer of this in the morning, goes a long way! A great product and one that I find hard to beat!
Summary: A super way to care for lips in winter and all year round!
More reviews in the field of Lip Care
- kissably soft
- No plumping for me, but still a good buy!
- Superdrug The Little Green Tin - okay but I think I'll stick to vaseline!
- Looks cute, smells good, but overall pretty average
- bad lips BEE gone!
- An apple a day is good for my lips
- Not My Favorite
- Soothing moisture in a tube
- Tingle all the way...
- The Body Shop Grapefruit Lip Butter
- I love...Strawberries & Milkshake Lip Balm
- The Body Shop Shea Lip Butter
- Vaseline Lip Therapy with Aloe Vera
- Vaseline Lip Therapy with Cocoa Butter
- Vaseline Lip Therapy Sun Protection
- Lipcote Aquamaid
- Barefoot Botanicals Rosa Fina Smooch Penetrating Lip Salve
- Garnier Ambre Solaire UV Ski Combi 2 in 1 SPF30 Cream & Lip Protection Stick
- Garnier Ambre Solaire UV Ski Combi 2 in 1 SPF50+ Cream & Lip Protection Stick
- Badger Balm Vanilla Madagascar Lip Balm