Product Type: Vaseline Lip Care
Newest Review: ... a sucker for anything with coco butter and this was no exception. As with any Vaseline product you expect to get a certain level of quali... more
Tastes like custard is just as effective
Vaseline Lip Therapy with Cocoa Butter
Member Name: cirsty
Vaseline Lip Therapy with Cocoa Butter
Advantages: Smells good, convenient packaging size wise
Disadvantages: Made my lips worse
I always have to have a good lip balm with me, so much that if I forgot one when I'm out I'll pop into a shop and buy some more (meaning I have about a million lip balms lying around my house!) I like a nice, subtle lip balm that smells/tastes nice and takes good care of my lips especially when I have to brave the good old scottish weather day after day! Vaseline is a well known brand, I've tried a variety of their products such as their hand creams and body butters, so I decided to bite the bullet and buy their cocoa butter lip balm.
The packaging of the product is very convenient, it fits in your pocket and barely takes up any room in your hand bag. The small tin can be slightly twisted to open where you can use your fingers to get some the of the product out, which I am not a huge fan of. Using lip balms like this can encourage billions of bacteria to grow and you're putting it all over your lips allowing bacteria to enter a perfect area for growth so I would recommend washing your hands before each application which is inconvenient! Also, using this method encourages little bits of fluff or crumbs to go into the product making it look dirty which I also dislike, and of course if any fluff gets in its impossible to get out!
The lip balms scent reminds me of custard which I love, it's a very pleasant scent that smells delicious. The product itself feels very thin and I always feel like I need to keep reapplying to feel protected. After a while my lips don't feel any softer or any less chapped, infact they started to feel dryer and the dryer they felt the more I had to keep applying which is a pain when I'm working on a busy ward doing lots of hands on patient care when it's not appropriate to keep applying lip balm. This then in turn makes me want to lick my lips constantly making my lips more chapped and sore. After about 2 or 3 weeks I just threw the product out.
The product smells delicious
The packaging is incredibly convenient size/shape wise
It's a well loved product for some
The product is usually sold quite cheap in most shops
The 'dip tin' encourages bacteria growth
My lips felt very chapped and sore with each continuing use
Fluff kept getting into my tin making it look disgusting!
The product is very thin and didn't provide me with much protection
Starts to smell a little off after a few weeks
I'm not sure if I would recommend this product, as it may work for some it certainly didn't work for me and even though it only cost me £1 its a £1 I'll never see again! Vaseline promise a 'therapy' for chapped and sore lips which to me implies that its the best product for when your lips are at their worst, and in my case I disagree.
Summary: Not for me!
More reviews in the field of Lip Care
- A natural shade of Zombie!
- Rosy lips, when you can get the tin open!
- Easy Squeezy!
- Carmex Ez-On Applicator Lip Balm
- Bee Beautiful with tinted lips
- The Body shop Chocomania lip butter- Perfect little lip butter for the chocoholi ...
- Silky lips with a hint of lemon on the side please
- Bubblegum Lip Scrub from Lush - giving me kissable lips - all year round
- EOS Sweet Mint Lip Balm Sphere- Great Balm!
- You can really feel the water in this product!
- Burt's Bees Replenishing Pomegranate Lip Balm
- Rosebud Smiths Rosebud Salve
- Origins Dr Weil Turmeric Lip Balm
- Rose & Co Dainty Little Lip Balms
- Rose & Co Lemon Bon Bon Lip Balm
- Rosebud Brambleberry Rose Lip Balm
- Cowshed Lippy Cow Natural Lip Balm
- The Body Shop Limited Edition Guarana Lip Butter
- Burt's Bees Cherry Lip Gloss
- Blistex Daily Lip Conditioner