Product Type: Baileys Liqueur
Newest Review: ... liqueur and it has 17% alcohol in it so it is quite strong. I normally drink my Baileys with ice in a little glass. Me and my sister have... more
It is like drinking cream
Baileys Irish Cream
Member Name: Ninski1
Baileys Irish Cream
Advantages: Smooth consistency
Disadvantages: Too sickly
Baileys is a an Irish liqueur drink made from mainly cream and whiskey, you can buy a 100ml bottle for around £13 from most supermarkets and although it is available all year round I only ever tend to notice it at, or during, the lead up to Christmas. T
he alcohol content of Baileys original is 17%. Per 100ml Baileys contains the following:
* 14g Fat
* 24g Carbohydrate
* 3g Protein
* 323 kcal
Baileys comes in a glass bottle with a twist off lid that is easy to use and pour. Baileys is the colour of pale milk chocolate and has the consistency a little thinner than pouring cream. It tastes basically of alcoholic cream, that is very sweet. It has a very smooth consistency and I find that if consumed neat then the taste lingers in your mouth for quite a while, if consumed over ice the ice melts and lightens up the Baileys making it a bit less like drinking pouring cream.
My husbands family always buy a bottle in for Christmas and I have tried it on a few times in various different ways including neat, over ice, in coffee as a substitute for milk , mixed into cake frosting and I have also tried Baileys Haagan-Dazs. I would say that overall I am not a big fan of Baileys as I find it too sickly sweet to drink.
Baileys is loved by many and I would say that it has its place as it is a versatile liqueur and it can be used in a number of ways, but I would only ever drink it very occasionally and would never buy a bottle for myself. I would recommend Baileys to those that have a sweet tooth and enjoy creamy drinks, otherwise it is probably not for you.
Summary: Sweet, sickly drink
More reviews in the field of Liqueur / Cocktails
- Southern Comfort, approach with caution!!
- Enjoying Archers on the cheap!
- Not convinced about Jager.
- Alcoholic strawberry flavoured milk anyone?
- When Life Gives You Lemons...
- Moniack: Thane of Meads
- Shoot the breeze whilst drinking Bacardi breezers
- A cheap and cheerful fruity cocktail
- A tipple for pear fans everywhere!
- Nectar of the Norse gods
- Reisetbauer Single Malt Whisky
- Wieser Quince Selection
- Pfau Organic Apple Schnaps
- Pfau Organic Beer Schnaps
- Pfau Organic Plum Schnaps
- Hink's Chicken Liver Parfait With Apricot
- Hink's Chicken Liver Parfait With Plums
- Hink's Chicken Liver Parfait Classic
- Gurktaler Alpine Herbs Liqeur
- Absinthe Mata Hari