Product Type: Baileys Liqueur
Newest Review: ... a bottle in the cupboard. So when I turned 18 I was allowed to try the Baileys and I absolutely loved it, most defiantly one of my favouri... more
Baileys Irish Cream
Member Name: ladyradley
Baileys Irish Cream
Advantages: Very indulgent
Disadvantages: maybe sickly
I don't drink very often but when it's Christmas or a special occasion I do like a little tipple. Bailey's is one of those drinks that I really like to have to treat myself, there is something about it that feels quite indulgent and rich, like a proper treat should!
It is a whiskey and cream based liqueur. You can get it in a variety of different flavours- I tried mint once. But I think the original one is the nicest so just stick to buying this one now.
It comes in a black bottle which is quite wide and it has a picture of what I presume is cream on the front.
It is 17% so quite strong although not as strong as some of the other spirits and liqueurs out there.
When I drink this I tend to drink it on it's own over ice. This may be too strong for some. I have friends who add this to their coffee at the end of a meal, it adds a really rich and warming taste to it as well as having that creamy edge. I like drinking it neat as I really like the taste. It is warming and sweet, very creamy and indulgent, you really do feel like you're treating yourself when you have one. I have had a shot in a hot chocolate before which was a bit too rich for me but maybe if yo have a really sweet tooth you'd like it.
This is a drink I can't drink more than one measure of at a time as I find it's very rich it is too much to have any more. If you like cream and whisky then this is ideal and if you like sweet things then give it a go! It's indulgent and lovely.
Summary: 5 stars
More reviews in the field of Liqueur / Cocktails
- A Refreshing Summer Drink..
- A favourite
- A touch of the Caribbean!!
- Reef - Deliciously Fruity Vodka
- Schnappy snap snap snap!
- Peachy perfect
- Happy Schnappy..!
- Archers - Peach Schnapps - great with lemonade - thou not so great on the wallet
- Pimms and Lemonade Can - My first ever Pimms -
- Asda Tropical Twist - come twist with me and my Asda twist
- Giffard - Creme De Violette
- "Giffard - Creme de Peche de Vigne ""Tradition"" (Peach)"
- Giffard - Creme De Mure (Blackberry)
- Giffard - Creme De Menthe Pastille (Mint)
- Giffard - Creme De Menthe Green (Mint)
- Hink's Goose Rillettes With Pasture-Raised Goose Meat From South Burgenland
- Hink's Veal Rillettes With Caper Berries
- Hink's Venison Pâté With Balsamico-Plums And Chestnuts
- Hink's Wild Boar Pâté Carnuntum
- Pfau Apple Schnaps Of Wooden Barrel