Product Type: Baileys Liqueur
Newest Review: ... a bottle in the cupboard. So when I turned 18 I was allowed to try the Baileys and I absolutely loved it, most defiantly one of my favouri... more
A warming treat
Baileys Irish Cream
Member Name: sarahrichmond5
Baileys Irish Cream
Advantages: gorgeous taste
Disadvantages: not cheap
Baileys has got to be my all time favorite drink it is gorgeous!! It has been around for years, a lot of people seem to drink it in the winter or around Christmas time but its so lovely it really can be drank at any time.
Baileys isn't cheap it's normally around £15 for a bottle, you can sometimes be lucky and get it on offer so its worth stocking up when you see this! You can get Baileys at all the major supermarkets or drink stores.
The drink is a liqueur and it has 17% alcohol in it so it is quite strong.
I normally drink my Baileys with ice in a little glass. Me and my sister have made cocktails using it and they are gorgeous we mix it with milk and vanilla ice cream and make a big cocktail in a tall glass, sounds awful but try it and you wont be disappointed.
The only problem with Baileys is that it has a lot of calories in it so it's not great if you are on a diet.
I think the thing I like about it first is when you first swallow it it tastes amazing it just runs down your throat and it feels as if your chest is warming up and its delicious it has an unmistakable taste. I have tried some of the cheaper brands but they are rubbish compared to the real thing!
I don't think you can ever tire of Baileys its gorgeous and lovely in summer or winter, I do tend to associate it more with winter but I think that just because of the warming feeling it gives you.
There really is nothing better than sitting around a roaring log fire with a glass of Baileys in your hand - Heaven!
Summary: a good alternative to beer and wine
More reviews in the field of Liqueur / Cocktails
- Malibu Rum - A taste of the tropics - Thou it is on the sweet side
- Archers Peach County Schnapps - A true English classic of peaches
- Archers Aqua - A touch of alcohol within a refreshing drink
- Baileys with a hint of coffee - not the best of combinations........
- What do a snow man and my glass have in common? Snow Balls!
- feeling hot hot hot
- Luxardo Kirsch Secco Bot.1960s
- Kummel Extra Luxardo Bot.1950s Cork
- Kummel Dopio Fratelli Branca Bot.1960s
- Ginseng Rabarbaro Bot.1950s
- Gentile Elixir di China Bot.1960s
- Hink's Chicken Liver Parfait With Apricot
- Hink's Chicken Liver Parfait With Plums
- Hink's Chicken Liver Parfait With Truffle
- Hink's Chicken Liver Parfait Classic
- Absinthe Mata Hari