Product Type: Halewood International Beverages Liqueur
Newest Review: ... about the same as Baileys. The smell when you open the bottle is actually very nice and you don't get the overpowering whiff of alcohol t... more
A Bargain Baileys
Halewood Irish Meadow
Member Name: DavyMichelle
Halewood Irish Meadow
Advantages: Tasty, Very Cheap
Disadvantages: A Bit Thin
I'm a very big fan of Baileys which is probably the best known Irish Cream Liqueur out there. It's very expensive though at over £10 for a standard bottle so I was pleased to notice in Tesco that there's an alternative available for much less money. This stuff costs £3.99 a bottle and my Mrs informs me that it's been around for a while, I've just never noticed it before now. I thought it had to be worth a go at that price.
This is basically a cheap version of Baileys. It's an Irish Cream Liqueur with a strong smell of whiskey and a really smooth creamy texture even if it was a tad on the thin side. I noticed instantly that this product differs from Baileys, my old favourite, but I have to say it doesn't differ anywhere near the amount of the price difference.
I found this was absolutely delicious as an evening drink served cold on the rocks and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase this again in the future. I think it would be ideal for family functions infact due to the popularity of Baileys in our house usually and the fact that we always run out of it before the night is finished. At £3.99 a bottle, I can't see us running out of this stuff!
If you're a fan of Cream Liqueurs or a Baileys fan specifically, this stuff is well worth a try. It does taste slightly thinner and a little different to the premium equivilant but it's really not that far from it. Not nearly a tenner's worth different at least.
Summary: Highly Recommended for the Price
More reviews in the field of Liqueur / Cocktails
- Chambord - The Royal Liquer
- Coconuts about Malibu
- Tequila Rose - A really unique delicious alcoholic drink
- Smooth, Sweet Taste.
- Silk in a bottle
- Baileys Irish Cream - The original is the best
- Malibu Rum - A taste of the tropics - Thou it is on the sweet side
- Smirnoff Ice - One of the original alco pops - Lemon and Lime flavours
- Archers Peach County Schnapps - A true English classic of peaches
- Archers Aqua - A touch of alcohol within a refreshing drink
- Gabriel Boudier - Curacao Triple Sec
- Gabriel Boudier - Darjeeling Tea
- Gabriel Boudier - Ginger
- Gabriel Boudier - Liqueur de Framboises (Raspberry)
- Gabriel Boudier - Liqueur de Lychees
- Reisetbauer Single Malt Whisky
- Wieser Quince Selection
- Wieser Forest Raspberry Selection
- Wieser Apricot Privat Reserve
- Spitz Eggnog