Product Type: Halewood International Beverages Liqueur
Newest Review: ... about the same as Baileys. The smell when you open the bottle is actually very nice and you don't get the overpowering whiff of alcohol t... more
Halewood Irish Meadow
Member Name: xxfoxyredxx
Halewood Irish Meadow
Advantages: Cheap to buy, good quality and nicely blended
Disadvantages: Very sweet, very thin
Both me and my mate like a nice drink especially at weekends and the other night when she came over she brought with her a selection of drinks announcing it is almost Christmas! One of the bottles she bought round was this and she got it from our local Tesco store costing her about £4.00. This is the same type of drink of Baileys costing over double this did for the same size bottle and that's why she bought it!
This comes in dark brown glass bottle with a creamy coloured screw on/off lid to the top of it which has a small green clover leaf depicted on the top of it. On the front of the bottle there is a country scene shown an we are told that it is 'Original Irish Blend' Irish Meadow 'Fresh Cream With White Wine & Irish Whisky' and that it is made by a company called Halewood (Ireland) and is 70cl. On the back of the bottle other information listed includes being told a little bit about the drink, that it contains 14.5% vol and contact details for the manufacturer are given. Informative enough bottle this is.
The drink itself is a rather thin creamy looking brown drink. It is a flat drink...so no bubbles or anything and as soon as you open it up a sweet whiskey aroma hits your nostrils that is really lovely.
Taste wise this is very sweet and a nice blend of wine and whiskey. The first flavour I get is one of wine followed by a rich whiskey flavour and my mouth gets coating with a creamy flavour.
The only gripe with this is the thinness of it really. Unlike Baileys this is really, really runny and not so creamy however it is a nice drink this, very warming, very sweet and highly intoxicating!
Available in all good supermarkets etc.
Summary: Best served chilled just be careful how much you consume lol
More reviews in the field of Liqueur / Cocktails
- "Zee taste of bitter oranges......"
- A nice addition to cocktails
- Over 2,300 glasses of Baileys are consumed every minute of every day!!
- Sweetness With A Hit
- Bliss in a bottle...
- Have you got a WKD side?
- Bargain Baileys!
- Tia Maria - a taste of coffee with a kick
- Bacardi Breezer - come have a taste of the Caribean with this drink
- Apparent summertime drink
- Liqueur Manner Neapolitaner + Casali Schokobananen”
- Liqueur Caramel + Strawberry / Vanilla
- Mickey Finn's Sour Green Apple Schnapps
- Sainsbury's Irish County Cream
- Schnapsmuseum Mini Liqueur Or Absinthe
- Liqueur Casali Schokobananen + Casali Rum Kokos”
- Liqueur Manner Neapolitaner + Casali Rum Kokos”
- Mozart White Chocolate
- Caribbean Twist Shaken Pina Colada
- Baileys Irish Cream With a Hint of Coffee