Newest Review: ... that, present sorted! =To the drink= Kahlua is a coffee based liqueur, and the main ingredients are cane spirit, Mexican coffee and v... more
Boys, keep your Yorkie Bars, this one's for the girls
Member Name: allybally
Advantages: Smooth, coffee taste and great as part of many cocktails
Disadvantages: You will gain weight if you drink this!
I am not a big drinker. I am a mother and therefore rarely have time to nurse a hangover from under the duvet while I watch the Hollyoaks omnibus on a Sunday so I don't usually bother. Having said that, I have two weaknesses - the first is Tequila which for safety reasons I should not be allowed within 20 feet of and the other is Kahlua for which I fell hard several years ago on a trip home to Canada.
>>>The History of Kahlua<<<
Kahlua, well know in the Americas and growing in recognition in the UK, is a popular Mexican liqueur produced by Allied Domecq since before the second World War. In 2005, it was acquired by Pernod Richard and has since become the second largest liqueur brand throughout the world.
>>>Awaken your five senses - well, three of them anyway unless you count hearing it call your name<<<
Pure sunshine in a bottle - for coffee fans at least. Kahlua is a rich, syrupy coffee liqueur with a strong brown colour and the aroma of freshly roasted, caramelized coffee beans which reaches you before this sweet nectar even passes your lips. It has a secondary vanilla flavouring which cuts through the bitterness of the coffee flavour.
Kahlua is a smooth drink which glides down your throat so smoothly that you hardly notice the 18 or so top ups you have throughout the night.
Some people add this to their coffee (a more acceptable way of drinking during the day!), some drink it straight. I like to keep things simple and drink it with milk. This is affectionately known as a "Brown Cow" but it isn't until I have downed at least 4 that I am actually confident enough to ask for it by name at a bar. It is also nice, although a bit sweet for me, mixed with Coke or Diet Coke. It is most often used in cocktails and shots. Below are just a few of the fantastically indulgent drinks Kahlua is used in (I haven't even mentioned the Kinky Orgasm, Quick f**K, Blow Job or Mongolian Mother f**ker).
1. The B-52 combines Kahlua with Amaretto and Baileys
2. White Russians adds Kahlua to Vanilla Vodka and Cream
3. Duck Fart, if you are able to get past the oh so inviting name, promises to leave you floored with Kahlua, Baileys and Whisky
1. Frozen Mudslide combines Vodka, Kahlua and Baileys with ice cream to give you the perfect cocktail for getting ready for a girls night out
2. Toblerone again mixed Kahlua with Baileys as well as hazelnut liqueur, fresh cream and honey for a heavy, but tempting treat
3. The Paralyser does exactly what you would expect it to do by creating a lethal concoction with Kahlua, Tequila and Vodka mixed with cream and a dash of Coca Cola - If drinking these, make sure you have the following day free to recover and whimper quietly to yourself while suffering through the pain!
>Cooking with Kahlua<
For those of you who just can't get enough of the good stuff, you can also use it to cook with. Since your diet is already ruined, why not add some to your favourite batch of fudge brownies or really throw caution to the wind with a delectable Kahlua laced chocolate cake or Cheesecake. The possibility of artery clogging, heart stopping treats are endless!
Sugar, Coffee, Vodka, Vanilla
>>>If you really want to ruin a good drink, read the nutritional information<<<
This isn't good for you. It is high in calories and high in sugar not to mention the obvious alcohol content. There is no way to justify this as part of any diet plan unless your goal is to bloat up like a cream-filled balloon. So, the best thing to do is to stick your fingers in your ears to avoid the nagging voice in your head telling you not to drink it, sit back and enjoy - worry about the guilt later!
Per 25ml serving
Kahlua is priced moderately. I buy mine at Asda where a 70cl bottle for £12.98.
I find it a struggle to get Kahlua although alcohol retailers such as Threshers or Oddbins should stock it. Asda and Tesco's are the only stockists I have found so far.
>>>So there has to be something wrong with it<<<
We have already covered how as far as nutritional value this drink is quite obviously created by the devil and we all now know that it is to be drunk with a side serving of shame and washed down with next day's guilt.
The only other notable problem with Kahlua is that it is so easy to drink and before you know it, you are lying flat on your back wondering how you had managed to get in such a state after only a couple of glasses before you notice the empty bottle you are clinging to desperately wishing you had another.
This is a drink for the girls - but only those who don't obsess about their figure and live off celery and seaweed tea.
This isn't for those who hate everything coffee flavoured quite obviously, but everyone else will love it.
Girls - keep a close eye on the boyfriends, once they have finished their manly pints of Stella Artois and downed their double Jack Daniels, they will gravitate towards your Kahlua. Guard it with your life. Under no circumstances allow him to have any as doing so will result in you having to share any future bottles with them. Boys, you can have your Yorkie Bars - I am claiming this one for the girls!
Summary: A smooth coffee flavoured liqueur to tempt you
More reviews in the field of Liqueur / Cocktails
- One of the best whiskey's ever
- A good bottle for the price - but don't overpay for this brand - 10mg Thujone/Kg
- Mint Condition
- Baileys - The drink Of Drinks
- Smirnoff on the cheap?
- I love Irish Mist
- Halewood Irish Meadow
- StormchaserHat's Beverage Guide - Jagermeister
- The cream of liquers
- A TASTE OF AMERICA'S DEEP SOUTH
- Gabriel Boudier - Les Paradoxales Liqueur de Coigns
- Gabriel Boudier - Les Paradoxales Liqueur a l'Orange
- Gabriel Boudier - Guignolet de Dijon
- Gabriel Boudier - Creme de Peches (Peach)
- Gabriel Boudier - Creme de Myrtilles (Blueberry)
- Bitter Truth Violet Creme de Violette
- Bitter Truth Thomas Henry Tonic
- Bitter Truth Spiced Chocolate
- Bitter Truth Pimento Dram
- Bitter Truth Peach