Newest Review: ... recipes. On bar cocktail menus (especially in student towns) you'll notice Sourz popping up a lot and is well known for its use in ... more
I love sourz!
Member Name: MoodyLauz
Disadvantages: For some the low alcohol content
On a saturday night I can think of nothing better than a sourz! Just the name makes my mouth water! I absolutely love sour things and the Sourz range of drinks is no different!
Sourz look like very fun and funky drinks. They definately stand out behind a bar! They are very bright in colour and I think in a way it puts people off as you think it might taste like a wkd or similar but they really dont! They are just a sour fruit liqueor similar to peach schnapps or malibu. Personally I cant get enough of these drinks and although they might not be the best drink out there they are definately fun! Sourz come in the following flavours:
Apple is the most readily available in both bars and shops. It really depends where you drink as to how readily available it is, some bars will have the full range and others will only have apple. In shops I find cherry to be the other flavour always available. I think this is down to apple and cherry being older flavours which people buy more. A bottle of sourz (70cl) costs just over 10.00. In comparison to similar drinks this is on a par price wise but I rarely find it on offer, whereas more popular schanpp style drinks are regularly on offer. In a bar shots cost between 1.50 and 2.00 but they are usually part of a deal if you buy four or more.
Personally I dont drink these just as shots. Apple sourz works really well with lemonade and cherry sourz and coke is amazing (just like cherry coke!) I'm sure they would work really well in cocktails aswell but I have never tried.
Alcohol content is low in these at 15% but I would rather drink this than alot of higher percentage shots anyday!
Summary: A great drink!
More reviews in the field of Liqueur / Cocktails
- Archers Schnapps
- Custard for boozers!
- Baileys is a versatile drink to be experimented with
- The taste of the Caribbean
- Bargain Baileys!
- Tia Maria - a taste of coffee with a kick
- Bacardi Breezer - come have a taste of the Caribean with this drink
- Apparent summertime drink
- Take it easy with Malibu
- Pfau Apple Schnaps From Wooden Barrel
- Pfau Carinthian Pear Schnaps Magnum
- Pfau Apricot Schnaps Magnum
- Hink's Salmon Rillettes With Limes And Dijon-Mustard
- Hink's Rillettes From Pasture-Raised Oxes With Red Wine Braised Onions
- Gabriel Boudier - Apricot Brandy
- Francoli - Fratello
- Francois Voyer - Pineau Des Charentes Vieux Blanc
- Francois Voyer - Pineau Des Charentes Rouge
- Francois Voyer - Pineau Des Charentes Blanc