Newest Review: ... them a bucket from B&Q to stop them using my wastepaper basket to mix plaster in!), they worked short days (they were on site from... more
Jason Harris Building Contractor, Camborne, Cornwall - BEWARE!
Author Name: Naive.com
Advantages: His carpentry skills are actually quite good
Disadvantages: Careless, messy, unreliable, doesn't bother with finishing touches, can't lay floors, untrustworthy
I employed Harris to install a new fitted kitchen. He gave me a price and estimated 2-3 weeks for the work. Despite having paid the agreed instalments on time, he kept asking for more money at crucial stages, such as when my kitchen had been completely gutted, he asked for money to pay for the units and after 5 weeks without a working sink asked to borrow over £1000 with a promise to pay me back once he'd received a cheque from a former client. Of course once all the money had been paid out, he continually failed to turn up for work and never did finish the work I'd paid him for or pay me back what he'd borrowed. Since then I've had to rip up the floor he laid so badly the tiles came loose as soon as you stepped on them and paid other tradesmen to finish the work, and done some of the work myself. I've now had to take him to court for money owed and since found out I'm not the first unhappy client!
Summary: Don't employ this guy, look for someone else and get references!
More reviews in the field of Local Service
- PGS Services - rip off merchants
- Morton Windows & Conservatories Ltd
- COMICAL, from Beginning to End !
- Lovespace solved my storage issue - brilliant concept, great service.
- PGS Plumbers - overall a good quality service
- Terrible company
- Hardmans Windows poor customer service
- Whisky me away to the highlands
- Appalling!...... DO NOT USE!!!
- Anglian, Don't use unless you want to be ripped off bullied and taken to court.