Newest Review: ... money which SafeStyle's owner too made money. HOWEVER the owner of SafeStyle sold his business (SafeStyle) to a new owner! And he refuse... more
Safestyle UK do not trust original price quoted
Author Name: Dave
Advantages: Managed to cancel the contract
Disadvantages: Allowing a Safestyle rep into my home
I hate to admit it but Safestyle UK have just wasted a lot of my time by promising the world and not delivering. Oh how I wish I had Googled 'safestyle uk complaints' and /or 'safestyle additional costs' before I agreed to let one of their sales representatives in my home.
This is how things went:
1. Contacted 3 double glazing firms and ask them all to send a a sales rep to my home to quote me for some replacement windows.
2. Although Safestyle called me back first and arranged for a rep to come out 3 days later, when they called me again the next day to confirm, they asked me if I was getting any more quotes and when. When I told them the other 2 companies were coming the day before their rep, they suddenly had a rep in my area 3 hours before the first of the other 2 reps were due to arrive, foolishly I agreed to bring my appointment forward.
3. The Safestyle rep gave me a price of £1,950 but said he could reduce it by £500 (£1,450) due to their buy 1 get 1 free offer. When I said their buy 1 get 1 free offer should surely reduce the price by half, he looked confused and said that wasn't how it worked.
4. I said I would wait to see what the other 2 companies could offer, he then proceeded to do the usual 'I will call me manager and ask him if there is anything else we can do with the price'. He then said if I waited a month before the fitting took place, he could reduce the price to £1,285.
5. I said I still wanted to wait for the quotes from the other 2 reps, he then called another manager and said if I signed at that moment, he could reduce the price to £985. I agreed, signed the contract and paid a £60 fee for the surveyor.
6.Surveyor came round and said the fitters would need to use a portable scaffold platform, but not to worry as this is a piece of equipment that they use on a daily basis.
7. SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE.... I then received a call to say that there would be an extra charge for the portable scaffold platform, they were willing to pay half of the cost but I would need to pay the remaining £250. When I pointed out that I could hire the platform myself through a friend, he said this was not their policy and I would need to pay the £250 or they would cancel the contract, needless to say the contract was cancelled.
What a bunch of cowboys, I seriously cannot believe watchdog haven't reported on this yet, but I will certainly be forwarding this review on to them.
I didn't look for this type of review before this mess began, I have therefore written this review and will be telling everyone I know to tell everyone they know (as so on) about my experience and the experiences of those already reported on this site.
Summary: Safestyle UK nightmare
More reviews in the field of Local Service
- Safestyle UK Horror story
- safestyle ripped us off & made us loose sleep. avoid safestyle
- Edenfield Construction in Rochdale
- Don't even go there!
- Able Glaze
- safestyle lack integrity
- Worst builders I have dealt with!
- meersbrook construction, sheffield
- Intimidated in my own home! Able plumbers useless!
- More than just books!!