Newest Review: ... product 'provides shimmering, full shades of colour and optimal grey coverage.' It is also nourishes the hair. Sounds good to me - let's... more
Black Cherry on dark hair
L'Oréal Casting Creme Gloss
Member Name: Laweez
L'Oréal Casting Creme Gloss
Date: 12/09/11, updated on 13/09/11 (678 review reads)
Advantages: Easy to apply, smells nice, cheap
Disadvantages: Doesn't show up on dark hair
Before using casting creme gloss I'd never dyed my hair before or had my hair dyed at the hairdressers. I wanted a colour that wasn't too far from my original shade but that was still quite bright and exciting.
My hair is naturally very dark brown, it's often mistaken for black and its quite long and thick. I checked my hair colour on the side of the packet and bought two boxes as recommended for long hair but I only really needed one. I chose black cherry, a purply reddy shade. The dye was really easy to apply, you basically just have to smooth it evenly through damp hair with the applicator bottle and leave to rest for twenty minutes. Then you wash out with the conditioner provided in the box but no shampoo so I'd recommend you wash your hair with shampoo the day before you dye it.
The dye fortunately washes off of your skin easily in the shower, I had it all over my neck and forehead but I'd recommend using a vaseline or moisturiser barrier around your hairline in case you're unlucky and can't get it off. :P
After I'd washed out the dye and dried my hair it was really soft and shiny thanks to the conditioner but the colour isn't really noticeable at all because my hair is so dark naturally. If I stand in the light you can see a reddish purple tinge but if the lighting isn't good there is literally no change in my natural colour.
If your hair is naturally dark, even the colours shown of the box then I wouldn't use this dye. I was quite disappointed by how poorly it showed up in my hair though I do think it would be excellent for covering any greys.
Summary: Good for light brown hair but avoid if you have dark hair
More reviews in the field of L'Oreal
- Because you're worth it.
- Follow on from shampoo
- Luscious lips in lots of shades
- Hair snapped, hair knotted..
- Getting the Royal treatment with Royal Jelly
- Achieve beautifully nourished hair in just sixty seconds
- A bargain eye shadow!
- My eyelashes were plumped up and curled thanks to this!
- Nice colour selection but not a lot else to recommend it
- Let's Volumise those Lashes
- L'Oreal Potionizer
- L'Oreal Lumino Contrast Protective Spray
- L'Oreal London Addixion Bubbles Souffle
- L'Oreal Hairmix Spiral Splendour Defining Cream
- L'Oreal Inoacolor Shampoo
- L'Oreal Jet Set Diamant Nail Polish
- L'Oreal Perfect Clean Foaming Gentle Scrub
- L'Oreal Youth Code Eye Cream
- L'Oreal Matte Morphose Foundation
- L'Oreal Elvive Smooth-Silk Intense Anti-Frizz Conditioner