Newest Review: ... for a while. Within a couple of washes the dandruff was back so it seems that to get the best results you have to use this time and time... more
Member Name: pink_glitter
L'Oréal Elvive Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
I noticed a few days ago that I appear to be getting dandruff or possibly its because I have eczema on my scalp and when I scratch it, it flakes. Nice!
I had a few sample sachets of this L'Oreal Elvive Anti-Dandruff shampoo in my stash of products, and although I'd used one before, ages and ages ago and didn't like it, I decided I'd use the rest of these up, as they're the only product I had to treat dandruff.
Obviously I had a sachet, but normally the shampoo would come in a dark blue bottle with orange accents.
This shampoo contains active selenium, which they claim is an 'effective weapon against dandruff.' It states that it works very fast and will work from the first use. It also claims that it will have a long lasting effect on recurrent dandruff for up to 4 weeks.
The shampoo is orange in colour and very thick. The main scent is oranges, however, there is an underlying chemical-type smell which is hard describe, but let's just say it's not very nice.
I found that once on my hair, the shampoo just sat on my hair - possibly due to it's texture, and it was very difficult to get any lather out of it. I do have quite long hair, but I had to use all four of my sachets and it still didn't lather all that well.
It rinsed away easily, but I found that it left my hair feeling very tangled - possibly due to the fact I had to rub so hard to get any lather out of it! I had to use a lot more conditioner than I normally would to get it feeling smooth again.
When dry, that strange chemically smell stayed on my hair, and if it wasn't for the fact that I use a lot of products on my hair, which masked the smell a bit, I would have probably had to wash my hair again.
I must say, that the morning after using this, when brushing my hair, I still came across those tell tale white flakes, so the anti-dandruff power of this stuff is also not what it claims.
The look and feel of my hair was no different to normal. It was clean, but not particularly soft or shiny or anything like that.
A 250ml bottle of this will cost £2.19 from Boots.
Needless to say I wouldn't use this again. It didn't lather well, it didn't clear dandruff and the smell left on my hair was awful!
Summary: L'Oreal Anti-Dandruff
More reviews in the field of L'Oreal
- revitalift didnt live up to its name for me
- L'Oreal Recital Preference - great for natural looking colour
- False lash effect mascara that really works!
- Great no frills old faithful that out performs the modern day young pretenders
- A great curling product
- Not a tangerine in sight :)
- Best mascara I have ever used! I highly recommend this product!
- L'Oreal Elvive Full Restore Shampoo
- Gentle make-up remover no doubt.
- L'Oreal Paris Extra Volume Collagen Mascara
- L'Oreal Paris Glam Shine Volumizer
- L'Oreal Paris Lash Architect Mascara
- L'Oreal Paris Glam Shine Fresh Lip Gloss
- L'Oreal Paris Glam Shine 6 Hour Wear Lip Gloss
- L'Oréal Plenitude
- L'Oréal Hair Gum
- L'Oréal Plenitude Revitalift Night Anti-Wrinkle & Firming Cream
- L'Oréal Crea Creme
- L'Oréal Plenitude Line Eraser Night Treatment