Newest Review: ... news about the new albums and lives and reviews with the opinion from different editors. 4) Gifts: "Classic Rock" it is alw... more
KING FOR THE MUSIC MAGAZINES
Member Name: likethunder
Advantages: Appearance, Graphic Design, Content, Gift, Price
Disadvantages: Advertisments, Usuless informations and high price per issue for the readers outside the U.K.
Intro: "Classic Rock" it is a music magazine from U.K. which as it name says, has to do first of all with Classic Rock music. Fortunately this isn't the only music genre of this kind of sound that it deals, but the most kinds in Rock music generally, as Progressive, Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, N.W.O.B.H.M. e.x.t.
1) Appearance: "Classic Rock" has a very good appearance. The first page it is always great. Sometimes can be a rare picture of an artist, or a sketch, for example in 155 issue, Eric Clapton appears as a devil with horns and black winds with a hellish background full of fire!
As for the last page, it is always an advertisement, which has to do with music, so there is always an interest for the reader.
2) Graphic Design: The pages are in big size and in good quality. There are a lot of photos, many times rare and you can enjoy them by observing the details.
The pagination of the magazine it is very good, with a way that keeps your interest, but don't cause problems when you read. So you can find articles inside boxes with different colors for backgrounds, but the words are always redeemable.
3) Content: Here is the most important stuff. There are interviews from past and future Rock stars, so you can have a view of the two worlds, which usually are connected, cause always in a new band, there are some influences.
You can find also different kinds of interesting tributes about a band, a song, an album, a live and many good stuff which can dig and read again and again in the future.
Of course there are all the latest news about the new albums and lives and reviews with the opinion from different editors.
4) Gifts: "Classic Rock" it is always accompanied by a worthy gift, which can be a cd, a dvd, a calendar e.x.t., which are always stuff of good quality.
5) Price: The price it is fair enough compared to the content, the quality of the magazine and the gift that accompanies it.
1) There are a lot of pages which are dedicated to advertisements. Of course this is not always bad, because, all the advertisements are related to music, so the reader maybe can find something that interests him, but not always.
2) This one it is only for the readers outside of the U.K.
There are a lot of pages about different bands and the live tours in the U.K. which are not interest the reader from another country. But it is reasonable, because "Classic Rock" it is an English magazine.
3) The price for the readers outside the U.K. for each issue it is very high and the only solution i think it is to be a subscriber and to save some money.
Outro: In almost 150 pages there are always something interest for all the fans of Rock and music in general. Check it!!!
Extras: First issue of "Classic Rock", published back in 1998.
It is a monthly magazine and using the British language.
There are some special issues from time to time, as for example the Fun Pack issues about Slash, Motorhead and Whitesnake's new albums with the whole magazine dedicated to the particular band, each time and the new cd for gift.
Summary: All about Rock in a beautiful package accompanied by a worthy gift.
More reviews in the field of Magazine / Newspaper
- ~ * Inspirational Read * ~
- What is the Cost of History? (£4.95 to be exact)
- Tone up in just 10 minutes . . . well a few weeks actually!
- A guide to the good things in life in your local area
- Imagine FX: Best digital arts magazine on the market!
- Review 400
- My Motivation and Inspiration!
- A magazine filled with crafts and tips