Product Type: Boots makeup
Newest Review: ... to say it's the price that first attracts me as it is a low price range and to be honest, you really don't need to spend a lot of money ... more
A good range of affordable make-up!
17 Range From Boots
Member Name: kiss_me2070
17 Range From Boots
Advantages: Great range of products, Affordable
Disadvantages: May discontinue products, Products may not be as good quality as other brands.
The 17 beauty & cosmetics range is made by Boots, therefore this is not avaliable to buy in any other stores apart from Boots. This range of make up and beauty products is good quality and affordable, as well as cheaper than well known brands such as Maybelline & Bourjois.
*** THEIR PRODUCTS***
They sell a large range of products for all skin types, their products include the following items:
* EYES - Mascara, Eye Liner (both Liquid & pencil), Eye Shadow.
* FACE - Liquid Foundation, Pressed Powder, Loose Powder, Bronzer, Blusher.
* LIPS - Lipstick, Gloss, Lip Liner.
* NAILS - Coloured Varnishes & Nail Treatment products.
* TAN - Bronzing Pearls, Shimmer Dust, Liquid Bronzer.
* TOOLS & ACCESSORIES - Make Up Brushes & Set's, Sharpener.
I have used 17 products for quite a few years now and find some of their products really good and of great value, I have decided to write a little more about the items in each catagory, so you can get a basic idea of how big their range actually is.
* EYES - This includes a large range of different mascara's ranging from waterproof mascara's and one's which give your eyelashes volume and make them look longer. Their pencil eye-liner comes in a few difference shades including black, blue and more. They also have a small range of coloured liquid liners. The range of eye-shadows they do is quite large. This includes single colours on their own or you can buy a mixed palette of different colours. Their colours range from Metallic, Pastel and bright Neon Shades.
* FACE - Their Liquid foundation comes in a range of different shades and are suitable for all skin types. Some of their foundation is thicker than other's and some give a more flawless finish. Their pressed powder is also avaliable in a number of different shades which match their liquid foundation. They have recently bought out a new range of blushers, these range from a light to darker shades so it suitable for different skin types.
* LIPS - They have a large range of lip-sticks which are avaliable in a wide range of colours to suit every occasion. Some of their lipsticks are moisturising and may be a lot thicker and long lasting than others. They have a range of lip-glosses in basic colours such as pink's and red's.
* NAILS - They have a huge range of different coloured varnishes for all occasions. This includes metallic, pastel and matt looking shades. They also sell nail effect paints as well which can make your nails look like they have been done professionally. They also do a range of nail care products such as nail strengtheners and base coats for when applying varnish.
* TAN - Although this section is small they do different shades of bronzing pearls and liquid bronzer.
* TOOLS & ACCESSORIES - They have a small range of make-up brushes avaliable to buy and although these probably aren't as good quality as more expensive brushes they do the job well when applying their make up.
***USING THEIR PRODUCTS***
I have used a number of their products so have decided to write a short, basic summary of what I think their products are like and how good they are.
* EYES - I don't use their eye products very much, this may be because I don't really use eye-shadow. I have used their pencil eye-liner once in black and I didn't really like the way this went on. I found it hard to apply and it wasn't a soft pencil so had to go over the area a few times in order to actually notice anything. I have also used their mascara just once. Their range is good, how-ever I don't feel as thought it gives me as much volume and longer lashes compared to my current brand that I have been using for a few years now.
* FACE - I have used their long lasting foundation which has now unfortunately been discontinued. I had to try and find another suitable foundation and was really dissapointed with the outcome of their other foundations as they don't match up to their long lasting foundation at all. The pressed powder is very good quality and is long lasting, and comes with a little puff to apply, how-ever I feel this is slightly too thick so I use a brush. I found it quite hard to find a blusher suitable for me as I'm quite pale. The blusher I used to use they again dis-continued so had to find another one. I am currently using one from the 17 range how-ever I need to use the tiniset amount of it otherwise I end up looking a bit like a clown!
* LIPS - I haven't used the gloss of the lip-liner. I do regularly use their lipstick though and find it to be long lasting and keeps my lips looking and feeling great. I do tend to apply a little vaseline onto my lips before and after applying the lipstick though to give it a little glossy effect and to keep my lips moiturised otherwise I think my lips would dry out too much.
* NAILS - I have tried a few of their nail varnishes and I'm not a very big fan of them. I find that you have to apply at least 3-4 coats of colour before it looks any good and I find that it chips quite easily. Although they have a fantastic range of colours, I tend to use another brand. I do how-ever use their strengthening base coat and their nail tip whitener which works really well. This is something I will definately continue to use.
I haven't used any of their tan products or any of their tools and accessories so I can't really comment on these.
In terms of how the products affect my skin, most of their products apply really, really well. I have quite sensitive skin and their products don't irritate or dry out my skin at all. When removing their products such as foundation and mascara, I find that it comes off easily using a facial wipe and there's no need to scrub at your face to remove the make up.
In terms of the price of their products I think they are quite reasonable. They are a lot cheaper compared to other brands avaliable to buy in boots. Their foundation prices vary from about £3.69 to £7.00 which is quite good, considering when looking for other liquid foundation I found some were about £9.99 to buy. As the 17 range is boots own brand, they tend to have quite a lot of offers on their products and this is often on 3 for 2 with other make up. On occasion when spending over a certain amount you may received a free eye-shadow or other gift pack. These are quite nice and are a handy way to try out some of their latest and newest products.
I love some of the products in this range, but get really annoyed when they dis-continue a product I have used for years. I think their prices are very reasonable and they have a great range of products and colours to suit everyone and every occasion. My sister is also a fan of this range and regularly buy's items form their range as well. I would recommend this range ot others, espicially if you don't like spending too much money on make up. I will continue to buy my regular items from here and also try out any new products which may grab my attention. The products are long lasting and of good quality.
(review may also appear on ciao)
Summary: A great range of affordable make up.