Newest Review: ... after all for a cream liner such as this. The brush is small, compact and plastic with a squared off end. The Cream My cream colour... more
An eye liner that stays put!
Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner
Member Name: daniella2202
Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner
Advantages: It resists humidity, it is smudge free and easy to apply
Disadvantages: The pot of eye liner can dry out quickly
If you suffer from your eye liner smudging and dropping during the day, then this is the best alternative I have found!
It comes in a small pot with a small brush. It comes in three colours:
- True black = very black
- Honey black = is almost like a red brown
- Smokey grey = which is as it sounds a darkish grey
It retails at £13.00 which I think is a very reasonable price for such a great product.
1. I have tried Clinique and other brands normal liquid eye liners with the very thin felt tip like brushes and I found these quite hard to use because I have quite shaky hands with things like that. So when I was introduced to this pot of eyeliner I was slightly unsure but the small brush that comes with it are so so easy to use. The end of the brush is flat so you are not using it at a slant so I get a really great thin line of eye liner with this brush.
2. The pots have so much eye liner in so they are much better value for money than other liquid or pencil eye liners I have used.
3. The best pro I can say is that once the eye liner is applied it stays on the whole day until I go to remove it. Even in the high humidity that there has been lately it has stayed put completely which I am very impressed with.
1. Normal liquid eyeliners do not tend to dry out too badly, whereas this one if left with the lid off or in the sun can dry out quite quickly. I would say you could only keep a pot of this eye liner for 3 months before it dries out.
In my opinion this is a great value eye liner that ticks all the boxes I was looking for with an eye liner and now I have practised applying it, it is so quick to apply in the mornings. If you think this appeals to you, I'd perhaps ask the Clinique consultant to do one of your eyes with this eyeliner and then you try and copy hers with the other. Clinique seem to be very good at teaching you how to apply products. They do something called a half face make over where they completely do half of your face with foundation, powder, blusher eye and lip makeup and then they coach you through you recreating the look on the other side. This is great because it gives you the confidence in using the products. Through a half face make over I found out that Clinique do a much longer eye liner brush which is slanted which is also great for applying this eyeliner on, it depends if you like something small to work with or a long handle to a brush. Either make the application very easy.
5 out of 5 stars from me!
Summary: It is a fantastic liquid eye liner in 3 great shades