Product Type: Models Own makeup
Newest Review: ... range, each one is price at £5.00 each and be purchased from Boots or the Models Own website. The other colours in this range includ... more
Jack Frost Nail Polish.
Models Own Wonderland Polish
Member Name: kiss_me2070
Models Own Wonderland Polish
Advantages: shine & sparkle, easy to apply, lasts as long as the nail polish underneath
Disadvantages: only looks good on top of a coloured polish
= = = = = =
The product is by Model's own whom are a well-known brand for making a large range of cosmetics and beauty products. I started using products in this range about 6 months ago and have been so impressed with their products that I have continued to use them and quite often buy new products in the range. I was browsing the range recently as I wanted some new nail polish which looked Christmassy. I saw the Wonderland range of nail polishes and saw that they were new. The glitter polishes instantly grabbed my attention and I spent a good few minutes looking at each of the polishes in this range. The five magical polishes in this range have gradients of subtle glitter for added glimmer. The iridescent shades are perfect for giving your favourite polish an accent of glitter or you can be brave and layer the polish up until its opaque. Each of the polishes in this range gives a different nail finish from frosty to full on snowstorm. After trying to decide which one to purchase I decided to go with the Jack Frost polish. This polish was clear but had lots of iridescent glitter particles in it which caught the light and gave the particles different colours. I thought this would be great to use on its own or over the top of another polish to make it look sparkly and shiny. This would be perfect for the next few weeks to make my nails look Christmassy and slightly wintery looking as well.
= = = = = = = =
There are a total of 5 different polishes in the Wonderland range, each one is price at £5.00 each and be purchased from Boots or the Models Own website. The other colours in this range include:
* Jack Frost - (Iridescent Glitter) this is the one I am reviewing.
* Southern Lights - (Very fine purple & blue glitter)
* Snowflakes - (Clear polish with large iridescent flakes)
* Northern Lights - (Very fine pink, purple and turquoise glitter)
* Blizzard - (Clear polish with large silver glitter particles)
Using the Polish
= = = = = = =
I have had the polish for a good month so have used the polish in a few different ways. I painted my nails with a base coat and then painted on white tips to the tips of my nails. I followed this by a clear top coat and once this had dried I then applied some of this polish over the top. I thought the glitter in the polish would give it a great finishing touch and a slight sparkle to my nails. The polish has the typical strong smell that nail polish has and as I took out the brush I could see all the glitter particles on it which looked sparkly as it caught the light. I painted my nails with the polish but then decided it needed another coat to add some more sparkle to it. The nail polish took a few minutes to dry in between coats and the finished results were quite impressive. I also used the polish over a dark polish such as a dark blue.
= = = =
* With White Tips - I loved the look of nail polish with white tips as although my nails looked normal they had some added sparkle to them which wasn't too much and was quite subtle. When looking closely at my nails where I had applied the polish over the white tips the particles looked slightly yellow/brown, how-ever they changed colour when turning my fingers to catch the light. When the iridescent glitter particles caught the light there were light blue and pink colours which gave my nails a Christmassy look. The nail polish stayed looking great for approximately 3-4 days before I had to remove it completely as it started to chip slightly. Please note that it wasn't this nail polish that started to chip but the polish I had used for the white tips. The polish comes off easily with any type of nail varnish remove and isn't hard to remove like some other glitter polish.
* With Coloured Polish - I used the nail polish over the top of a dark blue polish. This look brilliant, it made my nail polish sparkle and the glitter in the polish caught the light. The glitter particles were much more noticeable on the top of the colour polish than it was on plain nails with no coloured polish. I much preferred the look of the polish over another colour. I also found that the particles didn't look slightly brown either. The glitter looked slightly more sparkly and caught the light much more on top of another colour rather than using it on its own.
= = = = = = =
This nail polish gives a brilliant sparkle to your finished nails. I much prefer the look of the nail polish over the top of a darker colour such as dark blue as I think the glitter shows up much more than it does when applied to plain nails. I normally paint at least 2 coats of the glitter nail polish onto my nails to make sure they have plenty of sparkle. The glitter particles in the nail polish catch the light which shows different shades of blue and pink glitter. The nail polish comes off very easily with nail polish remover with no need to rub hard at your nails. As this nail polish was so good and I was impressed with the results I would definitely try some of the other products in the Wonderland range as I'm confident they will be as good as this one. If you want some extra sparkle to your nails then I would highly recommend this. I'm going to take 1 star off due to the brown/yellow look it gives on plain nails, but overall a lovely Christmassy nail polish.
(review also on ciao)
Summary: Jack Frost Nail Polish