* Prices may differ from that shownMore Offers
Illuminating tint and concealer
In the summer months, especially when my face tans up a bit, I prefer to use a tinted moisturiser than a foundation. I was generally trawling round the internet and had read a bit about this so decided to give it a whirl.
**What it is?... **
This is an illuminating tinted moisturiser with matching concealer in the cap.
**What does it do?...**
This is apparently triple duty, acting as moisturiser, sunscreen, and luminiser to provide sheer coverage whilst super-hydrating ingredients and protective SPF 20 keep skin flawless. It also contains Aloe Vera, Vitamin E and Vitamin c to ensure all of this happens
**What are the ingredients and what do they do?**
Given all of the promises the ingredients should be pretty magical, so what exactly are they?
Illuminating tinted moisturizer:
* Ginseng root extract has revitalising, regenerating and immune-boosting qualities that are highly valued in skin care.
* Ginkgo Biloba extract which is often called the miracle herb,because it maintains youthful skin, revitalises and improves circulation.
* Vitamin C revitalizes tired lifeless skin whilst protecting the skin and fighting premature ageing.
* Lysine is an Amino Acid that builds protein in the skin to maintain a youthful skin surface.
* Titanium & Zinc Dioxide (SPF 20): Natural minerals with SPF factor.
* Vitamin E to protect skin cells from ultraviolet light, pollution and other elements that produce cell-damaging free radicals.
* Vitamin A which is an anti-aging ingredient.
* Aloe Vera to soothe and heal
* Vitamin C, an anti-aging free-radical fighter.
So with all of these "fighters" on my side I should have perfect skin!!
**Product and Packaging...**
For the cost of the product I would have expected a bit more packaging but I suppose this is better for the environment. The product comes in a white tube with some information on the back and a screw on/screw off clear lid. Underneath this lid is a sponge type applicator which apparently contains the concealer. When I unscrew the concealer and squeeze the tube, the product is released from a small hole in the tube and onto my hand.
The product itself is very light and does feel like a cream/powder- not overly like a liquid but not really mat and dry. It is quite perlised so when it is applied, it gives skin a bit of a glow which is nice especially for the summer months. The coverage is very light but I have found that if more coverage is needed, then it is easy to add layers for the desired day or night effect. I have the Nude Glow and it is as it promises a very light medium colour which with only one light layer, has a "barely there" look, but for night time I apply a bit more for a heavier look.
**Colours in the range...**
There are four shades:
* No 1 Light Glow- a very fair neutral shade
* No 2 Bare Glow- Light to medium natural glow
* No 3 Nude Glow- medium neutral shade
* No 4 Sun Glow- Tanned golden shade
All cost £20 for a 28g tube of the product
This isn't the cheapest tinted moisturiser I have ever used but it is very good. The product is a good neutral shade which makes my skin appear smooth and my skin tone even. I like the fact that it's not obvious that I am wearing make up, and also that it is suitable for night time wear. It does go on easily and is non greasy and blends easily without feeling heavy. Although it is quite pricey it does last a long time because a little goes a long way- a few strategically placed dots around the face will be sufficient. It lasts a relatively long time but if I was a perfectionist and given that I do rub my face, I should really apply once more through the day. Because it is nice and light, it is easy to remove and has had no adverse effects on my skin.
I like the fact that the product is actually two products in one handy tube; I can conceal any imperfections and then give myself a bit of a healthy glow without carrying or owning too many products!
A recommended tinted moisturiser.
Thanks for reading.