* Prices may differ from that shown
(please do not get Revlon ColorStay mineral mousse foundation mixed up with normal Revlon ColourStay foundation, the minearl mousse is different!) :)
I first came across Revlon ColorStay Mineral Mousse foundation when I was online, I read a few reviews about it and it sounded good to me. There was a few things I wanted my foundation to do:
- my skin is normal at times but sometimes it can get a bit dry, so I wanted a foundation that wouldn't dry it out even more.
- I have fair skin so I didn't want it to look orange on my face.
- I wanted reasonably good coverage, that lasts all day.
- And I didn't want a super expensive foundation, as being a student I'm trying to save money!
So it sounded that Revlon ColorStay Mineral Mousse was good for me! I got it from Amazon for roughly £6.00 I thought this was quite a reasonable price, until I saw how much was in the tube. It was only 30ml, I defiantly expected there would be more in the tube for the price I paid. I recommend you get it from Amazon because it is £10.29 in boots! It comes in 4 colours, fair, light, deep and medium. I bought fair as I assumed it would suit my skin colour best.
The foundation comes in a small black tube, I was delighted to see that it said SPF 20 on the front, so it would protect my face from the sun, this is an added bonus for me seeing as I get burnt easily. It also says it gives a 'soft matte finish'. The packaging is very simple. Just a plain black tube with a stripe at the bottom to show the foundation. The lid come of very easily, you just twist it and off it pops.
When applying this foundation one thing you should know is that it is extremely hard to blend in because it dries so fast! At first when I used it I didn't really like it, but when I knew how to apply it properly I liked it a lot more. What I do is squeeze a small amount onto my hand, then dab in my foundation brush and do quick strokes across my face, and then I do small circles on my face with the brush, just to try and blend it in as easy as possible. When I applied the foundation, it isn't messy at all, it comes out in a nice blob which isn't runny so it didn't go everywhere. Also the colour of this foundation is brilliant, it didn't make me look orange and it matched my fair skin perfectly!
I found that after I had applied the foundation, it did feel very weightless, like there was nothing on my face. But a problem is that if you had really dry skin, the foundation might show up on your dry patches, however I used a really good moisturizer (E45) before applying it so it didn't happen much to me. After I applied this foundation, I added a bit of powder on top with a powder brush. I defiantly found that this foundation stayed on all day! I don't know if It was because I applied the powder on top, but in the past I have applied powder on top of foundation and it has come off, so I think it was down to the foundation! Also some foundations give that horrible shiny oily finish look, but this did not, it give a matte finish, which I was very pleased about! This foundation did give a medium coverage, it made my skin look a lot more clear, however it didn't cover up all my freckles, but it made them less noticeable.
- stays on all day
- gives a nice matte finish
- gives nice medium coverage which is all I need
- it doesn't get messy when applying it
- matched my skin perfectly
- felt weightless like there was nothing on my face
- protects face from the sun
- if you have really dry skin it could be a problem
- very pricey for amount in the tube
- if you need really heavy coverage, this probably wouldn't do the job
- doesn't blend in very easily at all
- dries too quickly