Newest Review: ... a pack of 10 pads, it costs £1.05 and they are often included in Boots various offers throughout the year which to me is a very accept... more
Too narrow, bulky and uncomfortable
Boots Maternity Pads
Member Name: Gwenick
Boots Maternity Pads
Date: 27/09/00, updated on 27/09/00 (238 review reads)
Disadvantages: narrow, bulky
When I was doing my shopping for things to take to the hospital for after the birth I had great difficulty trying to find maternity pads. Mothercare is quite hard to get to from where I live and when I checked in Tescos they didn't have any in. My only choice for Maternity Pads was Boots. I bought two packs (there are only 12 in each pack!!) and took them into hospital with me.
I was very disappointed with them when I came to use them, which was actually when I was still at home as my waters broke. They were very long, very narrow and far too thick. It felt like I'd got at least 2 pads on. Admittedly they did seem to be quite absorbent. But because they were too narrow a lot didn't go onto the pad..........but onto my underwear (thank goodness for disposable knickers - see review).
I managed to get through the 2 packs well before I was due to go home so asked my husband to go to Tescos and buy some thick sanitary towels (or Maternity Pads if they had any). He duly came back with a couple of packs of Tescos Maternity Pads which were wider, shorter and less bulky....in short a thousand times better than the Boots ones.
I think that Boots could make their pads much more 'user friendly' but don't bother because they are not easy to find in Supermarkets and other shops.
More reviews in the field of Maternity Aids
- Just when you thought you looked your worst, now you feel terrible !
- Dont forget your boats!!!!!
- antenatal stretchmark gel
- KOTEX NIGHT TIME TOWELS ARE IDEAL FOR MATERNITY USE
- Mothercare Maternity Pads
- Bought it 2010 and 3 babies after
- A necessary item!
- Comfortable support for your bump
- When you need reliable...
- Comfort in breastfeeding?
- Medela Disposable Bra Pads
- Angelsounds Jumper JPD-100S
- Little Lamb Bamboo Breast Pads
- Nexcare Maternity Support
- Bodyclock Health Care Obi Tens Pain Relief Machine
- Carriwell Adjustable Support Belt
- Mothercare Disposable Maternity Bed Mats
- Mothercare My Brest Friend Pillow
- MamaSURE Pelvic Floor Exerciser
- Comfy Tummy