Product Type: Single Mattress
Newest Review: ... ordering. I think £30.20 is a very good price for a mattress, although because it is so inexpensive and so thin, I would probably only buy... more
Perfection at Economy Class
Single Economy Mattress
Member Name: mickr
Single Economy Mattress
Advantages: comfortable, cheap
3ft Single Economy Mattress
Mr Sleeps Beds Limited
Our little one has moved from her cot bed to a larger 3ft bed as all of her teddies kept falling off the smaller bed as the quilt was just too big for it. We managed to purchase a pine 3ft single bed on Ebay, though we wanted to buy a mattress brand new. We had a look around a number of different shops, both in the high street and also online, and found that many were so expensive. In the end, we came across this economy mattress on Amazon for a total of £33.92 inclusive of postage and packaging which was extremely reasonable.
Of course, we did have our reservations what with the mattress being economy. We had sat on a couple of economy mattresses in shops and they all felt really hard or thin with the springs being very noticeable on the skin when laying down. Our little one needed a new mattress, though, and so we bit the bullet and went for it as Amazon had a number of good user reviews.
The mattress arrived extremely fast and well packed. Although reasonably heavy, it was easy enough for one person to carry upstairs. It was much thicker than I had imagined and looked more expensive than what it was. The appearance was not anything spectacular in light blue and white checked pattern, though in my opinion, it is not worth spending more money on a nicer patterned mattress as it is going to be covered with a sheet anyway!
Once laid on the bed, my little one couldn't wait to jump on it! Before we even laid sheets over it, we both sat on it and then lay down for a while, and I do admit that I was very surprised. Not only was the mattress nice and thick in depth, the material was also quite thick either side and so we could barely feel any springs which was great. My little one fell fast asleep on the mattress that night and said that it was very comfortable. I have even fallen asleep on the bed whilst cuddling my little one after a nightmare - something I could never do with her old cot bed mattress which was more expensive.
My little one has had this mattress on her bed now for a few months and it is still as good as new. Despite my initial reservations with it being an economy mattress, I am extremely pleased with it and fully recommend it.
The same mattress is also sold by House Keeping on Amazon for a similar price.
Summary: An excellent economy mattress which feels much more expensive than it actually is
More reviews in the field of Mattress
- Wanna share my bed? I'll keep you very warm for 2p a night!
- Worth every penny
- Every body deserves one!
- Danger! You may never want to leave your bed.
- Toast in Bed
- Ikea Sultan Fonnes Mattress
- No problem getting my 8 hours now!
- First step to a good night's sleep
- Silent Night Mattress Topper
- Roll, roll, roll your mattress...
- Silentsleep Memory Dream Supreme Mattress
- Memflex Memory Foam Coolmax Bronze Mattress Topper
- Memflex Memory Foam Coolmax Gold Mattress Topper
- Memflex Memory Foam Coolmax Silver Mattress Topper
- Silentsleep Memory Dream Ortho Mattress
- Memory Foam Super King Size Signature Pocket Latex 2000 Mattress
- Memory Foam King Size Signature Pocket Latex 2000 Mattress
- Memory Foam Super King Size Ortho Support Plus Bariatric Mattress
- Memory Foam Super King Size Ortho Support Bariatric Mattress
- Memory Foam Outlast Deluxe Cot Bed Mattress