Product Type: Asda Meat / Fish
Newest Review: ... for them! There are five sausage rolls in the packet and each packet cost £1.20 - and so that equates to 24p per sausage roll - which a... more
PREFER MINI SAUSAGE ROLLS
Asda Sausage Rolls
Member Name: leeanne160480
Asda Sausage Rolls
There's nothing like a nice Sausage roll. I don't even mind them when they are a bit greasy, and as long as I have a splodge of Sauce on my plate to dip mine into then i'm happy enough. Over the years i've found I prefer Mini sausage Rolls to larger ones. Not sure why, as I can still eat enough Mini ones to equate to a larger one, but I think they taste that bit better. This was my first try of a larger Sausage Roll, so how did it go?
These were from Asda and were on sale for £1 for the 5 pack. Not sure of the right price, as they were on an end chiller with a large £1 stuck on them, but think i've seen them for around the £1.30 mark.
Packaging was just the normal for the product. The 5 Sausage Rolls were on a plastic tray and this was wrapped in a cellophane wrapper. The wrapper was mostly dark blue and it has a small see through part at the bottom and you seen a glimpse of the Rolls.
Being Sausage Rolls these aren't the healthiest snack for you and each Roll has 258 calories and 18.8g of Fat. I felt I could eat at least 2 of these, so with Chips these would have so much Fat.
You can Microwave these for about 90 seconds, but I think Sausage Rolls come out really greasy and soft this way. Handy for a quick snack though, but may upset your tummy. If you cook these in the oven for 10 minutes on 200o then the pastry comes out nice and crisp, and although the Meat is still quite soft, if it nice and Juicy and doesn't taste too Greasy.
Upon eating these I felt that they didn't taste that special. Although the Meat is Pork Meat, you got the normal Sausage taste, but not overly Spicy or Pork like. There didn't seem to be much seasoning in here, but I guess they did taste slightly salty. The Pastry was quite flaky and came off in your hand easily and I found that looking at my fingers they glistened with grease a lot.
These were not too bad, but I found a bit too greasy for me. I will stick to Mini ones, as I find I like them much better.
More reviews in the field of Meat / Fish
- Birds Eye Chicken Dippers
- Puts me in a crabby mood
- Are you Prince John West? No I just impersonate him, badly.
- TUNA FIT FOR A PRINCE..?
- My Favourite Tuna Convenience Product
- Bullseye! for Birds eye!
- Fun and tasty finger food for the kids
- Hungry? Early morning?Bring on the bacon!
- Shall I RUSTLE You Something Up?
- A fishy tale of cheap skipjack tuna!
- François Sudreau Potted Duck Gizzards
- François Sudreau Fabulously Delicious Cassoulet
- François Sudreau Coq Au Vin
- François Sudreau Confit Of Duck
- François Sudreau Cassoulet
- John West Mackerel Fillets in Tomato Sauce
- Tesco Christmas Wild Salmon Side with Butter
- Tesco Christmas Stuffed & Butter Basted Turkey Breast Joint
- Tesco Breaded Chicken Goujons
- Aldi Three Bird Roast