Product Type: John West Meat / Fish
Newest Review: ... is a picture of three mussels on bite sized cracker bread. Though once opened you will not see the clean crisp mussels displaye... more
Member Name: Maximus-Qualitus
John West Smoked Mussels in Sunflower Oil.
Advantages: VERY TASTY
Disadvantages: NOT FOR EVERYONE.
SMOKED MUSSELS in Sunflower Oil
Comes in a distinctive yellow and green square box, inside of which is a slighly rounded can.
This in turn has the obligatory ring pull which can be devilishly sharp.
Both the packageing are recyclycable.
There is a picture of three mussels on bite sized cracker bread.
Though once opened you will not see the clean crisp mussels displayed on the exterior picture.
The mussels once seen are never forgotten and as the saying goes 'the first bite is with the eye' this first sight might put you off alltogether.
They are dark brown with flecs of green and to some people will look very unappetising. Perhaps they are an aquired taste? But as for me I find them delishious.
The smell is Very fishy and the taste slighly salty but with a kick.
Costs around £1.15
Try them on toast or perhap with extra kick add pepper mix in a bowl and have on a salad.
One of my favourite is with fetta cheese. Man I must stink.
And per can there are149 kCal
Protein 10.4 g
Carbohydrate 6.5 g
of which sugars Trace Trace
Fat 9.1 g
of which saturates 2.0 g
Fibre Trace Trace
Sodium 0.2 g
Summary: WORTH A TRY AT LEAST ONCE?
More reviews in the field of Meat / Fish
- SAVED BY MEATBALLS ITALIAN STYLE!!
- Tasty Value
- Herby pork with, well, not a lot of herbiness!
- Beefy Burgers by Birds Eye
- When Did Fish Fingers Become Grey Mush
- Avoid this product, they taste horrible and have some mysterious ' meat ' conte ...
- Fatty scaly pilchards
- Slap It On A Bun For Me.
- Peppered steak pasty!
- La Pointe De Penmarc'H Cockles
- La Pointe De Penmarc'H Aromatics And Sancerre Wine Soused Mackerel
- La Pointe De Penmarc'H Albacore White Tuna In Olive Oil
- La Pointe De Penmarc'H Albacore White Tuna In Brine
- Hijos De Josť Serrats Bonito Del Norte En Aceite De Oliva
- Sainsbury's Taste The Difference Pancetta & Parmesan Sausages
- Sainsbury's Taste The Difference Wiltshire Oak Smoked Bacon
- Aldi Ashfield Deli Smoked Ham
- Quorn Goujons
- Asda Smartprice Fish Fingers