Product Type: Tesco Meat / Fish
Newest Review: ... have ever had which come anywhere near the freshly made ones I fondly remember from a little Italian restaurant in my student days ... Th... more
These are not oversized chicken nuggets!
Tesco Finest Chicken Kiev
Member Name: best_deal_hunter
Tesco Finest Chicken Kiev
Advantages: Reliably tasty, often available as part of meal deal
Disadvantages: Could be a bit more garlicky
We had these for tea last night - yum! Part of the Tesco meal deal which I can't recommend highly enough - we also got chunky oven chips, toffee and pecan puds and a decent bottle of wine (usually £9.99) all for £9.
These are the only shop-bought chicken kievs I have ever had which come anywhere near the freshly made ones I fondly remember from a little Italian restaurant in my student days ...
The main thing to note is that these are proper decent-sized chicken breasts, not the oversized chicken nuggets you usually get masquerading as chicken kiev. If you're used to the latter, these will look and feel a bit strange - i.e. you need to lift them carefully out of the packaging to avoid losing any of the fresh ciabatta breadcrumbs.
The garlic butter helps keep the chicken moist contrasting well with the crunchy coating. The only reasons this is not a full 5 stars is that the garlic butter could be a bit more garlicky for me and it does leak out a bit during cooking. However, we just pour this back over the kievs when serving. This is fine as long as you cook them on a baking tray by themselves - i.e. don't try to add oven chips etc on the same tray or they will just get soggy!
Overall, really tasty, worth the full £5 or so (price does change around a bit) but really best to get when it's on the meal deal!
Summary: A great meal for a night in!
More reviews in the field of Meat / Fish
- You Can't Tell The Difference!
- Lovely Meatballs!!!
- These really are perfect pork sausages, just as it says on the pack
- Stop fishing around and add these to your trolley.
- Better than I had expected!
- Nicest Bacon I've Tasted!
- Just Like Chicken - But not as You know it....
- Do the salsa with Weightwatchers!
- Best available - vension and no other meat to pad it out..
- Valette Duck Foie Gras
- Valette Block Of Goose Foie Gras
- Valette Block Of Duck Foie Gras
- Michel Catusse Whole Goose Foie Gras
- Maison Paris Whole Duck Foie Gras Fresh Foie Gras
- Azaïs Polito Whelks In Court Bouillon
- Azaïs Polito Stuffed Squid À La Sétoise
- Azaïs Polito Stuffed Mussels À La Sétoise
- Azaïs Polito Seafood Salad
- Azaïs Polito Rouille À La Sétoise