Product Type: Tesco Meat / Fish
Newest Review: ... have ever had which come anywhere near the freshly made ones I fondly remember from a little Italian restaurant in my student days ... Th... more
These are not oversized chicken nuggets!
Tesco Finest Chicken Kiev
Member Name: best_deal_hunter
Tesco Finest Chicken Kiev
Advantages: Reliably tasty, often available as part of meal deal
Disadvantages: Could be a bit more garlicky
We had these for tea last night - yum! Part of the Tesco meal deal which I can't recommend highly enough - we also got chunky oven chips, toffee and pecan puds and a decent bottle of wine (usually £9.99) all for £9.
These are the only shop-bought chicken kievs I have ever had which come anywhere near the freshly made ones I fondly remember from a little Italian restaurant in my student days ...
The main thing to note is that these are proper decent-sized chicken breasts, not the oversized chicken nuggets you usually get masquerading as chicken kiev. If you're used to the latter, these will look and feel a bit strange - i.e. you need to lift them carefully out of the packaging to avoid losing any of the fresh ciabatta breadcrumbs.
The garlic butter helps keep the chicken moist contrasting well with the crunchy coating. The only reasons this is not a full 5 stars is that the garlic butter could be a bit more garlicky for me and it does leak out a bit during cooking. However, we just pour this back over the kievs when serving. This is fine as long as you cook them on a baking tray by themselves - i.e. don't try to add oven chips etc on the same tray or they will just get soggy!
Overall, really tasty, worth the full £5 or so (price does change around a bit) but really best to get when it's on the meal deal!
Summary: A great meal for a night in!
More reviews in the field of Meat / Fish
- Lovely Meatballs!!!
- These really are perfect pork sausages, just as it says on the pack
- Stop fishing around and add these to your trolley.
- Better than I had expected!
- Snap up these pastry wrapped prawns when (and if!) you see them!
- An okay snack
- Tasty, filling, plenty of sauce!
- Cheap 78% pork ham!!
- Why the new sauce
- La Quiberonnaise Boneless Sardines In Olive Oil
- La Pointe De Penmarc'H Wild Pink Pacific Salmon
- La Pointe De Penmarc'H Trout Fillet
- La Pointe De Penmarc'H Traditionnal Sardine
- La Pointe De Penmarc'H Traditional Sardines
- La Pointe De Penmarc'H Smoked Herrings Fillets
- La Pointe De Penmarc'H Smoked Cod Liver
- La Pointe De Penmarc'H Sardines Peanut Oil
- La Pointe De Penmarc'H Sardines In Olive Oil
- La Pointe De Penmarc'H Sardines