Product Type: Anadin medicinal products
Newest Review: ... and they are quiet an effective painkiller for a lot of different types of pain from headaches to toothache and to general muscular ach... more
Member Name: Whizz11
Advantages: Work well
Anadin Original are pain relief tablets that contain aspirin and caffeine. It says this on the front of the box and the main reason I actually bought these caplets was for headaches. The word headache is written on the top of the box so I assume they are to target this particular typ eof pain although on the back of the box it says these caplets can also be used for a number of different ailments such as period pain, dental pain, cold and flu symptoms and stiffness to name but a few. Well, we all know what caffeine does but what exactly is aspirin?
Well, according to an article I read, "Aspirin (USAN), also known as acetylsalicylic acid (/əˌsɛtəl& #716;sælɨˈsɪlɨ k/ ə-set-əl-sal-i-sil-ik; abbreviated ASA), is asalicylate drug, often used as an analgesic to relieve minor aches and pains, as an antipyretic to reduce fever, and as an anti-inflammatory medication. Aspirin was first isolated by Felix Hoffmann, a chemist with the German company Bayer in 1897." Each tablets contains a lot more aspirin (325mg) than caffeine (15mg) so I don't really find that the caffeine affects me much and definitely does not keep me awake if I take these tablets last thing at night.
For me aspirin is a very effective pain reliever and works very well, especially for my headaches which sometimes are quite strong and blinding so I always like to have a box of these Aspirin original around the house just in case. The caplets are oblong shape and quite easy to swallow, I find them easier than round tablets for some reason. They each come individually packaged in a foil blister packet with a paper top cover to them so they are ok for adults to get into but harder for children to get into which is great.
The dosage is written on the back of the box and it says that as an adult you can take 1 or 2 tablets with a drink of water and repeat every 4 hours as required but that you must not take more than 12 tablets in any 24 hours which is quite a lot so you should be fine with that. Like I've said above these work well on any pains I have especially headaches. I find they are quite fast working and don't wear off quickly though which is nice.
Obviously as these are a medicine I recommend talking to your doctor first before you start a course of tablets.
Summary: Anadin Original
More reviews in the field of Medicine
- Fast Aid Fabric Plaster Strip
- Breathing easy with Olbas Oil
- Excellent alternative, yet still prefer vapour rub!
- Orange relief
- Shut it, you scab!
- Sainsburys Paracetamol Capsules
- Grit you teeth and bear this one!
- Feminax Express ideal for beating period pain.
- Helping little ones
- Help yourself breathe again
- Boots Paracetamol Extra (Caffeine, Paracetamol)
- Healthspan Echinacea Cold & Flu Relief
- Kirkland Signature by Borghese Mineral Hydrating Lipstick (Spf 15) 3 Pack Plus M ...
- Kirkland Signature by Borghese Age-Defying Protective Moisture Lotion Spf 15
- Kirkland Signature Mucus Relief- Chest 400mg (Guaifenesin)
- Kirkland Signature Ibuprofen 200mg Tablets
- Kirkland Signature Fast Acting Lactase
- Clearogen Acne Lotion
- Clearogen Foaming Facial Cleanser
- Clearogen Clarifying Skin Toner